Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 09:57 AM

19,432 posts, read 27,815,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I am disappointed about the change. I liked the frozen yogurt better and it had way less calories. The ice cream is too rich and the price has nearly doubled. I suspect that may have been the actual motivation for the change.

BTW: This is on top of them dumping the BBQed beef sandwich which was replaced by that mediocre, yet expensive, cheeseburger.
Both were/are only in test markets. The BBQ beef died a quick death here in BBQ country. Since covid the cheeseburger is gone - I don't know if that's because it didn't pass the test, or because of covid. Costco dropped several food court items at the beginning of civid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
The machine that used to make the frozen yogurt now makes the soft-serve ice cream.
even if it didn't, costco wouldn't offer both. The limited menu is one of the reasons the food court runs so efficiently and the food is so consistent. Example: the limited selection of pizza topping - no personalized choices.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:31 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,824,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Both were/are only in test markets. The BBQ beef died a quick death here in BBQ country. Since covid the cheeseburger is gone - I don't know if that's because it didn't pass the test, or because of covid. Costco dropped several food court items at the beginning of civid.
A test market implies that a test being conducted. Costco sold the BBQed beef sandwiches in California and Hawaii for at least 10 years. Hardly a test. More like a regional variation.

The ice cream is a nationwide replacement for the frozen yogurt.

Food courts have to comply with local regulations for Covid-19. My local food court went to just pizza, hot dogs, and canned sodas. I was told by an employee that they stayed open only because many employees eat there. Gradually they are adding back a few other items.

Do you have insider information or is your post actually just speculation?

Last edited by Futuremauian; 09-26-2020 at 10:40 AM..

Old 09-26-2020, 10:56 AM

4,848 posts, read 2,667,243 times
I love soft serve...IF IT'S GOOD...if it turns out to be artificial junk I usually throw it away..

Old 09-26-2020, 08:28 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,371,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Rolling it out nationwide. I haven't seen any flavor except vanilla, but chocolate and strawberry sundaes are on the menu. Waffle cones are being tested at some locations.

I didnt notice if they are still serving that bloody awful Acai bowl.
wow this is good news

Old 09-26-2020, 09:54 PM

19,499 posts, read 9,528,287 times
Some are pleased with the switch and some wish for the frozen yogurt. I was ok with their frozen yogurt but rarely opted for it. Way too much. I prefer the choc or the mix but the person I'd share with me only really likes the vanilla or the vanilla with the berries. They're good with the huge amount of the frozen yogurt but stingy on the berries. My experience with the various Costco stores around my area, anyways.

Not to say it's better but at least at.Sweet Frog, I can choose the size cup and however much Of the frozen yogurt I put in. My real problem or test of temptation - the toppings. Different story, different thread.

Someone mentioned that the switchover at Costco is a test market. I have to check my local Costco next time I go then.

Old 09-28-2020, 12:28 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Not sure how the $1.50 Hot Dog and Soda ever fit into Healthy eating, but they sure are good.
The Kirkland dogs aren't as good as the Hebrew Nat'l dogs they replaced.

Still a bargain at $1.62...

Old 09-29-2020, 10:30 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Anything "low-fat" is bad for you. Never buy low-fat or skim milk or yogurt, you are basically getting a higher processed milk product. In order for them to make a low-fat yogurt that is creamy they have to add emulsifiers to make it blendable and not runny. You cannot get fat eating fat, the body doesn't make body fat from fat. I hate frozen low-fat yogurts. Give me the full heavy cream fat ice cream.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
The Kirkland dogs aren't as good as the Hebrew Nat'l dogs they replaced.

Still a bargain at $1.62...
I agree that the HB hot dogs were better. It wasn't Costco that decided to get rid of them in 2008-9. The kosher meat industry had a SEVERE reduction being able to meet demand. Partially because of industry consolidation
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...emplate=ampart

And partially because of the bankruptcy of the largest kosher meat slaughterhouse. They were corrupt, hiring illegal immigrants and treating them like slaves, and were accused of abusing the animals.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agriprocessors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink