Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2024, 02:44 PM

26,266 posts, read 49,177,773 times

Advertisements

I'll order a cauliflower crust veggie pizza from our gated community eatery, but I'll add pepperoni. Iced tea and a Klondike Heath bar to end the meal.

Then I'm off to shop for a boneless pork shoulder for the slow cooker tomorrow with Tamari and Honey.

I like tomato and basil soup but lately I've been making a red-lentil soup that very easy to make. I get a lot of recipes from the NY Times who have an awesome food section.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2024, 02:55 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,135,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'll order a cauliflower crust veggie pizza from our gated community eatery, but I'll add pepperoni. Iced tea and a Klondike Heath bar to end the meal.
I actually love riced cauliflower, sometimes mixed with actual rice -- both are nice "fillers" for my curries, Asian dishes, etc. But I suspect I might not like cauliflower crust pizza -- I want the real thing!! My local grocery store (Market Basket) sells 19" pepperoni pizzas for $12. Seriously!! The slices freeze great too, then I crisp them back up in my air fryer. (Of course now I want PIZZA but I already had dinner! )

Quote:
Then I'm off to shop for a boneless pork shoulder for the slow cooker tomorrow with Tamari and Honey.
Recipe, please! I love pork tenderloin with sweet-and-savory sauces (usually some kind of fruit preserves with mustard) so I expect I would like your pork shoulder too.

Quote:
I like tomato and basil soup but lately I've been making a red-lentil soup that very easy to make. I get a lot of recipes from the NY Times who have an awesome food section.
I HATED tomato soup as a kid but Progresso's tomato-basil soup was quite good. I will try to make it myself someday. I LOVE the NY Times's food section -- I get their emails but alas, you have to subscribe to read many of them (like the one I wanted to make a couple of days ago, peanut noodles). I expect I will subscribe some day.

HAPPY DINNERS, EVERYONE!

Old 03-02-2024, 03:05 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,028,156 times
I've been adding peas or brown lentils to rice to up the nutritional value and add fiber.

Bulgur works too, but I'm loving it in place of rice. It maintains the same mouthfeel.

Anyway... leftovers tonight. I'm choosing the lentil/chickpea veggie soup

Tomorrow night is grilled pizzas, on whole wheat dough.

DH's: red sauce, olives, onions, sausage, mozzarella, topped with pepperoncinnis and arugula
Mine: pesto, artichoke hearts, feta, kalamata olives and topped with pepperoncinnis and arugula
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-02-2024, 04:03 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,624,409 times
Baked breaded chicken seasoned with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and parsley.

Broccoli and cheddar rice.

Unsweetened iced tea.

Old 03-02-2024, 04:04 PM

52,733 posts, read 48,069,754 times
Tonight at the Case abode: Little smoked sausages with mac and cheese.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM

19,604 posts, read 9,598,095 times
A store bought stuffed cheese in crust pizza. Melted garlic butter for dipping and a glass of Moscato.

Dessert - Maybe a square or two of Ghiradelli dark chococolate.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:55 PM

4,696 posts, read 3,493,041 times
The husband made nachos. He makes them individually in Scoops.

Old 03-02-2024, 05:59 PM

61,964 posts, read 87,612,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
The husband made nachos. He makes them individually in Scoops.
Looks delicious and would be enough for a bunch of us here

I spent the day on my backyard and now too tired to cook anything. But I have a Mexican shrimp cocktail (Coctel de Camarones estilo Mexicano) in the fridge, and that's what I will have now.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:33 PM

39,000 posts, read 23,001,068 times
Steak with fried rice
Steamed broccoli

Old 03-02-2024, 08:13 PM

23,638 posts, read 24,193,042 times
Spaghetti with white clam sauce, salad and garlic bread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink