Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 01:43 PM

5,865 posts, read 11,922,834 times

Advertisements

Pork tenderloin, grilled pineapple and some concoction of leftover veggies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 01:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
That sounded good, so I took out a pork tenderloin.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-10-2021, 03:49 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times
Hamburger hash and Brussels sprouts and sliced tomatoes

Old 12-10-2021, 04:16 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That sounded good, so I took out a pork tenderloin.
It must have been pork tenderloin day because that's what I'm making, too. I've recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, so my kitchen is in disarray. A mostly vegetarian for many years, I have had to make drastic changes to my diet very quickly. I'm not eating meat in large quantities, but I've added a once a week meat/poultry/fish and two veg meal to the plan. Today, it will be a sheet pan meal of herb-crusted pork tenderloin with roasted butternut squash, red onion, and apple. The good news is that I'm feeling better than I have in years. I truly had no idea that my digestive troubles were gluten-related until my gastroenterologist suggested I be tested for celiac disease.

Last edited by kj1065; 12-10-2021 at 04:26 PM..

Old 12-10-2021, 04:19 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,134,533 times
not feeling all that well so chicken noodle soup and something to drink. Now if I could stop coughing~ wife just gave me a cough drop.

Old 12-10-2021, 04:25 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Friday night is usually pizza night, and this is no exception. I am making a big salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, radishes and red onions, Red wine vinegar, and EVOO dressing. A glass of cab.

For dessert, a movie and winter fruit salad with a dollop of Greek yogurt.

Happy Weekend to all!

Old 12-10-2021, 04:27 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It must have been pork tenderloin day because that's what I'm making, too. I've recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, so my kitchen is in disarray. A mostly vegetarian for many years, I have had to make drastic changes to my diet very quickly. I'm not eating meat in large quantities, but I've added a once a week meat and two veg meal to the plan. Today, it will be a sheet pan meal of herb-crusted pork tenderloin with roasted butternut squash, red onion, and apple. The good news is that I'm feeling better than I have in years. I truly had no idea that my digestive troubles were gluten-related until my gastroenterologist suggested I be tested for celiac disease.
I won't get to enjoy the pork for a few days.

VERY sorry to hear about your celiac diagnosis. I was gluten free over a decade ago for a few years (not celiac) and it was a pain.

Now you have all kinds of good (ish) options available. Careful in restaurants (unless they have it listed as gluten free). I found staff had no idea what contained wheat flour (one actually asked me if bread had it....)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-10-2021, 04:35 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I won't get to enjoy the pork for a few days.

VERY sorry to hear about your celiac diagnosis. I was gluten free over a decade ago for a few years (not celiac) and it was a pain.

Now you have all kinds of good (ish) options available. Careful in restaurants (unless they have it listed as gluten free). I found staff had no idea what contained wheat flour (one actually asked me if bread had it....)
Thank you so much for the supportive comment. At first I was really worried about my diagnosis, but I'm actually doing pretty well with the necessary dietary changes. It helps to have a supportive spouse who thinks everything I make is the greatest, and of course feeling so much better is its own positive feedback loop!

Old 12-10-2021, 05:14 PM

6,360 posts, read 4,181,873 times
Pasta with Homemade Sauce & Meatballs with air fried mushrooms & cheesecake for dessert ❗️

Last edited by Rickcin; 06-24-2022 at 07:28 AM..

Old 12-10-2021, 06:33 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Pizza. DH picked it out when we were out grocery shopping Thursday. Also had a small glass of Sangria.

Dessert: Red velvet cupcake. Had to tell hubby to get his own . I don't think he minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink