Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 02:11 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

The AA across from the courthouse in Eureka.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:20 PM

237 posts, read 283,485 times
I'm old school. I've never been one for fried eggs, onion straws, chipotle flavored sauces and the like on my burger. I want it straight up: Lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, mustard. Period.

That said, a regional chain out of Jacksonville called https://www.thelooprestaurant.com/ does a great job. They also grill their burgers!

Old 02-05-2021, 03:00 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ve always been semi-obsessed with that side of the fast food equation. I started a thread on it once to build a list of places I should try out while I was trucking, but it got merged with a not-that-related thread I find that these kinds of places can often be a really great place to explore food vernaculars and get food with quality you don’t necessarily find at big name chains.

In that vein, can anybody tell me how the burgers at Cook-Out are? They always tempted me when I was rolling through the Southeast, and for whatever reason they pop into my head more often than any other place I wanted to try. Looks like there’s some in Jackson, MS, I want to actually go there next time I’m visiting family there.
I think that Cookout is very good for the money spent. Nothing wrong with it.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:01 PM

282 posts, read 217,166 times
Albuquerque has green chile cheeseburgers, they are made with New Mexico's most famous crop, green chile. It's very hard to make a bad green chile cheeseburger and I have many favorites. Even McDonald's here makes a decent version.

My favorite right now is from a local spot called Meateor Burger in our new downtown food hall:

https://s3-media0.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...0ZtcnDUQ/o.jpg

Old 02-05-2021, 03:11 PM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
We recently had a place called Freddy's open up in South Alabama. We tried it out the other night and I was very impressed. As far as fast food cheeseburgers go, I don't know if I've ever had better, honestly.

Cheeburger Cheeburger in Auburn is good too, but I think that's a chain as well.

I rarely if ever order burgers from local establishments, as I consider it more of a fast food item. I'm like, how good can you really make one? The best possible burger is just not particularly exciting to me. I mean it's ground beef on a bun with whatever else you want to add.

If I'm going to hit up a non-chain restaurant, it's probably going to be for street tacos, Asian food, or smoked BBQ - not a cheeseburger.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:29 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Culver's, as far as a chain restaurant -- but I am sure there are many independent restaurants that serve good cheeseburgers, too!

Old 02-05-2021, 04:50 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Venison cheeseburger
Yummy!!

Old 02-05-2021, 05:08 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
In no certain order...so far:

Yard House's turkey burger

Red Robin Turkey burger (& probably most of their beef ones too)

Burger Lounge burgers

Curious Palate burger

In 'n Out

5 Guys Burgers & Fries

Old 02-05-2021, 08:54 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’ve always been semi-obsessed with that side of the fast food equation. I started a thread on it once to build a list of places I should try out while I was trucking, but it got merged with a not-that-related thread I find that these kinds of places can often be a really great place to explore food vernaculars and get food with quality you don’t necessarily find at big name chains.

In that vein, can anybody tell me how the burgers at Cook-Out are? They always tempted me when I was rolling through the Southeast, and for whatever reason they pop into my head more often than any other place I wanted to try. Looks like there’s some in Jackson, MS, I want to actually go there next time I’m visiting family there.
Cook-Out is pretty good. Not a gourmet burger, but well above the big chains. In a lot of ways it is what it claims to be -- the burger you'd make in a backyard cook out. They do have a lot of different condiment combinations to pick from.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:58 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,741,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Culver's, as far as a chain restaurant -- but I am sure there are many independent restaurants that serve good cheeseburgers, too!
I was wondering how long it would take for Culver’s to come up.

I think they’re at the upper-end of what I’d call local/regional. But they make a really, really fine burger. I mean among the best I’ve had. Too bad the fries are low-end foodservice crinkle cut crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink