Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:27 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,270,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
My husband hated his school lunches as a kid because he would only get 1/2 of a sandwich with one slice of deli meat, 1 slice of cheese and the bread was stale. There was never a snack except one time she gave him cheese doodles. They weren't poor but my MIL was VERY frugal. His father would give him money for lunch and say don't tell you mother. He even had to bring home the used sandwich bag for reuse.
she reminds me of a squirrelly mom we had in our neighborhood....had a whole litter of kids,, (7 kids) but didn't like to feed them,,,said she didn't want to see them get fat ...she was a witchy woman,,,but the father always was very nice to us kids,,,he knew we looked after his kids when he wasn't around

each kid volunteered to do kitchen duty at the school cafeteria .... and they would gorge themselves from what the other kids wouldn't eat..... before they would go home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 09:15 PM

560 posts, read 541,229 times
Default what do you send in your kids lunchbox for school?

my kiddo will return to his first day of school this Thursday as a 1st grader and beyond this week, I'm already stumped what to pack him for most days.

What do you make/send in your kids lunches?? I can't send in any PB or nuts of any kind at all in his lunches which was his major to go to option last year. He would alternate between PB&J sandwich, trial nuts in another component, fruit in another and hard boiled egg or popcorn in another.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:22 AM

162 posts, read 213,744 times
Cheese/Crackers/Pepperoni
Pizza or quesadilla wrapped in foil then a towel to keep warm.
Turkey sandwich
Chicken nuggets, hot dog, spaghetti Os with meatballs or tortellini in a thermos
Salad with grilled chicken and veggies
Bagel with cream cheese

Add a crunchy snack, fruit and a granola bar.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:43 PM

16,428 posts, read 12,549,337 times
It's a little pricey, but see if he likes sunbutter as an alternative to PB.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:50 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,490,309 times
Veggie sandwich using mini bagels and cream cheese. Meat and cheese rollup.

Cut fruit or veggies sometimes with dip (ranch or hummus); popcorn; cookies

Old 09-06-2017, 03:01 PM

20,953 posts, read 28,482,151 times
I'll tell you what my mom packed me as a kid and this was over 35 years ago.

elementary school was :
Bologna sandwiches on white with mayo no cheese
Turkey or ham sandwiches on white with mayo also no cheese
a snack sized bag of chips or I would get a few Oreos or chocolate chip cookies.
Yoo-Hoo or she would give me money to get milk.

High school:
Tuna salad on white bread with tomato (my favorite)or a turkey sandwich on a roll with mayo and tomato.
A can of diet coke
piece of fruit

The school lunches looked nasty and since I was always watching my weight even then my mom did not want me eating school lunches. Yes, I got teased in HS for bringing my lunch in a brown bag but I did not care.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:07 PM

130,632 posts, read 12,166,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's a little pricey, but see if he likes sunbutter as an alternative to PB.
I agree on this, I think sunflower seed spread is allowed? But check before you buy a jar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink