U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 03:50 PM

23,056 posts, read 29,798,681 times

Advertisements

I live in OH and it's entirely possible to find independent sandwich shops and restaurants here. I already posted Jimmy's in Liberty OH. Here's another good one - https://www.kravitzdeli.com/libertymenu.html

I have no idea why anyone would prefer Jersey Mike's, Jimmy John's, Fire House or Subway to a local, mom and pop eatery.

We have plenty in OH, but some people are only open to chains. I will never figure that out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 04:05 PM

1,248 posts, read 524,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I live in OH and it's entirely possible to find independent sandwich shops and restaurants here. I already posted Jimmy's in Liberty OH. Here's another good one - https://www.kravitzdeli.com/libertymenu.html

I have no idea why anyone would prefer Jersey Mike's, Jimmy John's, Fire House or Subway to a local, mom and pop eatery.

We have plenty in OH, but some people are only open to chains. I will never figure that out.
Because with few exceptions mom and pop shops are more costly.

Old 07-14-2021, 04:23 PM

3,663 posts, read 3,113,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post
At least where I'm from, this doesn't apply just about anywhere I've been.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:59 PM

8,483 posts, read 11,103,393 times
My first choice is a local sandwich shop that's been around for a few decades. If not there, I like Jersey Mike's.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:23 PM

670 posts, read 400,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileSauceCritic View Post

Absolutely not true here (NJ).

We have some AMAZING sandwich shops here....

Old 07-14-2021, 08:17 PM

5,272 posts, read 2,681,774 times
I used to get sandwiches for lunch all the time from any of the many Jewish delis around my office. Couldn't really go wrong with any of them.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 PM

8,337 posts, read 4,316,295 times
The best sandwiches around here, are found at Milton's in Del Mar, and DZ Aikins in San Diego.

When I used to coach, in Chula Vista, I'd pass by DZ Aikin's for their brisket dip. (Never disappointed.)

And I'm not even Jewish, but I know a good sandwich when I eat one!

Unfortunately, the only sandwiches around here, are at Board & Brew, locally. They're "so-so." (Again, the beef dip.)

Old 07-14-2021, 09:33 PM

31,607 posts, read 32,795,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I used to get sandwiches for lunch all the time from any of the many Jewish delis around my office. Couldn't really go wrong with any of them.
Throwing out subs and hoagies, the only decent sandwich in the area is a Jewish deli.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:57 PM

23,056 posts, read 29,798,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Absolutely not true here (NJ).

We have some AMAZING sandwich shops here....
Here too. More costly? What by a dollar or two? If that? And the sandwiches are generally made by family members not teenage kids who don't care.

They aren't going to spit in your sandwich. That's worth a couple of bucks to me. They are also CLEAN and authentic.

PS - I have personally NOT found them to be more pricey, but that's in Ohio.

Old 07-15-2021, 03:57 AM

16,040 posts, read 28,309,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

Most of the traditional sandwich shops in Ohio have morphed into chains. Izzy's in Cincinnati and Milano's in Dayton started with one store and now have a good number of locations. And once they are bought out by private equity from the original owners, they have gone downhill.

Personally, I would head to Jungle Jim's, buy a couple pounds of meat, some great cheese, and a great loaf of bread and make my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink