U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 10:50 PM

15,703 posts, read 2,476,353 times

Advertisements

Well my local Mr. Sub's & Subway's are crap.

Both Blimpies & Quiznos are gone. The closest Blimpies, closed out of no where. While the nearest
Quiznos at the time, was run into the ground. The staff was horrible, and lazy.

There was a FireHouse Subs, but it closed before I got to try it.

Luckily a Jersey Mikes opened in the area not to long ago. Haven't tried it yet, but will.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 06:18 AM

3,890 posts, read 2,890,811 times
You're all killin' me with your photos.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:07 PM

15,877 posts, read 27,921,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
While the nearest
A friend approached me about buying into a Quizno franchise a decade ago. I spent about an hour reading the franchisee agreement. It was very obvious to me that any profits from the restaurant would go to the franchisor and that the franchisee was assuming ALL of the business risks.

You cannot screw over your franchisees and expect that your chain will grow once you reach the mature stage of your business. Also, look at the various comments of Quizno owners and you will find out why the chain is a fraction of what ir was in 2005.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:34 PM

7,033 posts, read 10,028,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44echo View Post
+1
For a long time I thought delicious banh mi was a Vietnamese original, but the inspiration actually came from France. When the French colonized Vietnam, they brought along their famous baguette. The Vietnamese made it better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A...20in%20Vietnam.

Old 07-17-2021, 02:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 22,248,996 times
I am currently not eating sandwiches as part of a strategy to lose weight. But, generally, I like the sandwiches at Panera. From time to time, I get a Reuben at a local chain, McMenamins.

This place has other decent sandwiches, but I crave a good Reuben sometimes, and I get my “fix” there. I also make a decent Reuben, and if I do say so myself, I also make excellent burgers.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:48 AM

327 posts, read 171,607 times
Still go to my local Quiznos. They may be gone everywhere but mine is still there. I know a few others too even at an airport I saw.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:58 AM

3,890 posts, read 2,890,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Well my local Mr. Sub's & Subway's are crap.

Both Blimpies & Quiznos are gone. The closest Blimpies, closed out of no where. While the nearest

Not only was the local Quiznos staff horrible and lazy, they blatantly attempted to stiff us more than once.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:51 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,515,461 times
The Habit - Chicken Club - great sandwich they grill a chicken breast and add avocado & bacon, it's on a thick sliced bread that's lightly toasted. It's really good and would be enough for two meals.

Old 07-18-2021, 01:14 PM

7,033 posts, read 10,028,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I am currently not eating sandwiches as part of a strategy to lose weight. But, generally, I like the sandwiches at Panera. From time to time, I get a Reuben at a local chain, McMenamins.

This place has other decent sandwiches, but I crave a good Reuben sometimes, and I get my “fix” there. I also make a decent Reuben, and if I do say so myself, I also make excellent burgers.
I would hate for you to miss out on your favorite foods because you are on a diet to lose weight. I am on a diet to lose weight too, but I allow myself to eat "bad" foods twice a week. The trick is I eat small portions at the end of the meal, so the weight comes off and I still get to eat all my favorite "bad" foods. This is more sustainable than drastic restrictions. Good luck to you.

Old 07-18-2021, 02:34 PM

23,424 posts, read 17,363,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If you want a decent sandwich, where do you go, if not making yourself?
Camp Washington Chili. I'll walk there if I'm gonna eat-in. It's about an hour walk, otherwise I'll bike over and they're open late so sometimes I'll drive through the drive-thru.

Any combination of ham, beef or turkey on a double-decker toasted bread with your choice of cheese, plus mayo, lettuce and tomato.

Unfortunately, we don't have anything akin to a New York- or Chicago-style deli around here. The closest thing we had was a family owned butcher shop, but they stopped selling sandwiches a couple of years ago.

The whole "sub" thing kinda did away with that. We do have a non-corporate chain bagel shop that sells good sandwiches on bagels.

I won't eat at Subway and Jimmy John's is actually worse than Subway (you have to wonder how that could possibly happen.) I don't have a Quizno's around here. JerseyMike's is hands-down the best. There's a new Fire-House thing but I haven't eaten there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink