Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 11:36 AM

15,957 posts, read 7,021,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I've never seen this at TJ's but I'm thinking of getting dressed and driving the 13 miles to our closest TJ's store. RIGHT NOW. Thank you for the heads up on this stuff (though I'm a bit surprised it's only "a bit hot. "
Me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 11:41 AM

15,957 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We picked up some of these yesterday. I like hot but these things are vicious! DH LOVES hot - I've only ever been able to bring home one thing he couldn't eat - Paqui Carolina Reaper chips. But even he finds these Thai Chile snacks to be pretty damn hot.

He's thinking they might be good as a topping for Asian soups or other dishes. Mixed with sticky rice, maybe.

Blister Peanuts - I don't think you'd need the dehydrator to make these at home. You can buy dried thai chile's easily at an Asian grocer or even online. If they are fresh, they will be very hot.

ETA: If you like hot and shop at Trader Joe's, try the Ghost Pepper chips. DH will drive 10 miles out of his way to buy those things.
I have not tasted them yet - on my to TJ hough - but i think that will be the way to treat them, like a garnish, a mix in. I can think of topping buttered popcorn with it. Just dont ypu h your eyes Another is to mix it in with yogurt as a dip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink