Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,622,555 times

Advertisements

Big carnivore here, but I love fruits and vegetables. I could never be a vegetarian but life without the joys and delights of fruits and veg would be a very sad one indeed. I grew up with a great grand-mother who had a large orchard and vegetable garden and even as a child I would much rather have a ripe apricot or peach from a tree than a chocolate bar. Much, much nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
If God had intended for us to eat fruit and veggies He would not have invented V8 Fusion. I don't like fruit and veggies either. I like V8 Fusion, orange juice, mango juice, apple juice in fact almost any juice. I realized it is the texture of fruits and veggies I don't like. They feel yucky
V8 Fusion also includes a lot of sugar and sodium doesnt it??

Old 05-22-2008, 05:39 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have a friend who has told me she doesn't like "fuzzy" fruits. Strawberries are "fuzzy". Orange juice can be "fuzzy". Odd.
Orange juice "fuzzy"????? Sure would like to hear your friend expound on that one!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Orange juice "fuzzy"????? Sure would like to hear your friend expound on that one!
Can be. She's talking about the pulp. Me, I PREFER pulpy orange juice...

Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM

250 posts, read 335,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thureen View Post
One of these I might be forced to eat veggies and fruits due to health maybe. Thats why I sometimes wish human were 100% carnivores and then it would actually healthy for human to mostly a meat diet!
I am the same kind of eater. I have a biological reason, though, it's not just taste. When you hit about 40, your colon will start sending you messages that you need to halve your meat intake and double your fiber intake or two nasty words, each beginning with a "C", will flow from your Doctor's mouth about age 50... after which, you will be walking around with a plastic bag taped under your pants, and you will be praying for soft stools thereafter.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
Every guy loves a great steak witha side of...steak.
Oh dear, does this mean I'm a guy? Fruits and vegetables have never been a big draw for me. I eat them only because I *should* and to set a good example for my son. It's not working, though. Aside from broccoli, he couldn't care less for fruits or vegetables.

Grains are another story. I like breads and rices and cereals and such.

Honestly, if someone told me I could no longer have fruits and vegetables (I can't even call them that little cute-sy name "veggies" because it sounds too endearing), I wouldn't consider it a major loss. I might miss corn on the cob, broccoli and brussels sprouts a little but as for the rest of them, buh-bye! On the other hand, tell me no more meat and you'd have a fight on your hands!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:53 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,282,391 times
Love my Meats & Potatoes!! I love the taste of meat plain nothing on it not even a roll for my burger!!

Old 06-06-2008, 06:12 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,233,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thureen View Post
I really like eating Meat, usually chicken or beef. If possible (like buffet) I usually eat way more meat then grains/bread/rice. Also, I really hate eating any sort of vegetables and fruits. Once in awhile I might have lettuce in my burger but most of the time I eat my burger plain with just Cheese. As for fruits, last time I ate a bit was like 6 months ago. Anyone else like, who loves eating meat but epically hate/don't eat vegetables/fruits?

I will I am a very picky eater, wouldn't be surprised if one most pickiest in the world! Probably not healthy choice at all either! One of these I might be forced to eat veggies and fruits due to health maybe. Thats why I sometimes wish human were 100% carnivores and then it would actually healthy for human to mostly a meat diet!
You're not the pickiest in the world! There was a documentary on TV here recently, well it was a series, going through people with odd eating habits. A girl they featured almost had a phobia of fruit and veg, and they put her through gradual exposure, starting with a strawberry, and eventually got her to eat all sorts. (The goal was to eat a banana in front of her dad to win a £20 bet!)

Like someone said earlier (in slightly graphic and scary terms) you will need to start to try incorporating some fruit and veg into your diet at some point for health reasons. If you're still fairly young, say mid 20s (guessing here), I reckon your diet and tastes will change as you get older. Mine changed radically around my late 20s. I used to be incredibly unadventurous with food but I eat loads of fresh fruit and veg now. It makes you feel so much better, it really does.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:27 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,233,529 times
Have a look at this: BBC - BBC Three Programmes - Freaky Eaters - Episodes from 2008

Old 06-06-2008, 01:24 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
V8 Fusion also includes a lot of sugar and sodium doesnt it??
Yup......so one would think the name needs to be confusion because your body really doesn't know if it's getting some good or something bad. But as for me I don't give a flyin' rat as long as it tastes good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink