Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:27 AM

7,072 posts, read 4,820,754 times

Advertisements

I never had most of those.

Years ago, I was practically addicted to spearmint Tic Tacs. The dark green ones. I ALWAYS had a box in my pocket and chewed them up all day. They discontinued that flavor for some reason!
Never liked any other flavor, and I don’t even buy Tic Tacs any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 07:12 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,346 times
Never heard of most of them. Got a scare when I saw Doritos!! Lol then I saw 3D. Idk what that was.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:39 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember most of them being advertised, but the only one I ever ate was the original Butterfinger. Last time I got one I thought it didn't taste right. Now I know why.
I was wondering about that too. Here is the link explaining the change in Butterfinger, I guess that happened back in 2019. Agree with you the new candy is not as flaky, and like most modern candy lacks any sort of zip. I've stopped buying mass produced candy for the most part. Go to the local confectioner.

https://www.businessinsider.com/butt...-recipe-2019-8

Another gotcha was when Kellogg's bought Club Crackers from Keebler. They immediately proceeded to change that recipe and now their "Club" crackers are thinner and nowhere near as flakey and buttery as the old version. I have been buying store brand knockoffs, they are closer to the original Keebler Club than the Kellogg's.

It's hard to believe that these companies don't think consumers will notice. I guess they figure that they will simply drop the brand after they squeeze out a few additional pennies of profit.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:30 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Of the things on the list, I used to occasionally get the chicken snack wrap - UNTIL the last time I purchased one the chicken was seriously undercooked (I didn't eat it of course)

Old 12-14-2021, 11:28 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,271,037 times
I remember McD's fried apple and cherry. I liked cherry flavored best!

Honey mustard pretzels are great; Gardetto's still makes them (I see them on Amazon) but I don't see them everywhere like I once did.

Taco Flavor Doritos made a brief comeback some time last year, then disappeared again. I don't think the flavor was identical to the taco chips of long ago, but they were still good and I wish they'd come back.

I haven't had a Butterfinger candy bar in a long time; I'll have to pay attention. I do remember when Snickers king size was one big bar with a nice layer of thick chocolate on it--before they "improved" it to include two smaller pieces with less chocolate.

I miss the Mexican Pizza! I don't get to T-Bell often (probably a good thing) but I was so surprised when that item vanished.

One I still miss that has been gone for ages: Nabisco Bacon Thins. Those were soooooooooo good!

Old 12-14-2021, 11:46 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
The only one on this list I even remotely miss is Jello Pudding Pops.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:30 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I won't miss any of them. I also think I am the only one who never had Mc Donald's apple pies. Some of the foods on that list I also never tasted.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
20. McDonald's Fried Apple Pie

^ They were damn good. The current ones are awful.
Not precisely the same, but Rally's still does fried apple pies and they are 2 for $1 if I remember correctly. I pick some up for the kids every now and then.

It's been a while since Taco Bell stopped serving their caramel apple empanadas - those were heavenly!

Old 12-14-2021, 04:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I was wondering about that too. Here is the link explaining the change in Butterfinger, I guess that happened back in 2019. Agree with you the new candy is not as flaky, and like most modern candy lacks any sort of zip. I've stopped buying mass produced candy for the most part. Go to the local confectioner.

https://www.businessinsider.com/butt...-recipe-2019-8

Another gotcha was when Kellogg's bought Club Crackers from Keebler. They immediately proceeded to change that recipe and now their "Club" crackers are thinner and nowhere near as flakey and buttery as the old version. I have been buying store brand knockoffs, they are closer to the original Keebler Club than the Kellogg's.

It's hard to believe that these companies don't think consumers will notice. I guess they figure that they will simply drop the brand after they squeeze out a few additional pennies of profit.
Kellogg's didn't buy Club Crackers from Keebler. Kellogg bought the entire Keebler company back in 2001.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:24 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
If someone told me I had to eat one of those things, I'd probably pick the McDonald's fried pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink