Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:06 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
burger king--the whopper. i have tried others and just always go back--the WHOPPER is just the BEST!

I will say BK, Five guys and Hardees in my area. We are lacking some decent burger places in PA and MD. I have also tried Checkers, but not impressed.

I'm dying to try this in-n-out burger, though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 03:09 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,027 times
Ferrel's burgers in Hopkinsville KY are hand's-down the best, though they are not a chain. Just a hole-in-the-wall Mom-and-Pop joint that's been operating since 1929.

I haven't tried a lot of the chains listed here, but I would say that Steak-n-Shake had the best but it has been a few years since I have been near one.

I also like Fuddruckers. Had one about three months ago and it was still yummy like I remembered from the early 90's.

I am more of the Schlotzkey's type and get a sandwich instead of a burger. But alas, they don't have them here either. I am stuck with Sonic, McDonald's, and BK. Ick.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,886 times
RUNZA in Nebraska

Old 05-20-2008, 03:52 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,143 times
My favorite burgers would have to be from (in no particular order):

- Fuddruckers
- Red Robin
- The Shake Shack (located in Madison Square Park in Manhattan. I also recommend their frozen yogurt, which is delicious and comes in weird flavors like corn.)
- White Castle (if you want cheap, but incredibly yummy burgers). I can't get enough of those tiny WC burgers!

Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Best Burgers?? Here They Are

If the subject is fast food hamburgers (and NOT the take-your-time sitdown places; that's a different subject altogether), then here are my two favorites: Whataburger, with Carl's Jr in second.

Here are the rest:

3. McDonald's
4. Culver's
5. Wendy's

My favorites out of the sitdown places (there is a difference, folks) are these eateries:

1. Beck's Prime (Houston)
2. Scotty P's (Frisco, TX)
3. Chili's
4. Fuddrucker's
5. TGI Friday's

And there you are!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If the subject is fast food hamburgers (and NOT the take-your-time sitdown places; that's a different subject altogether), then here are my two favorites: Whataburger, with Carl's Jr in second.

Here are the rest:

3. McDonald's
4. Culver's
5. Wendy's

My favorites out of the sitdown places (there is a difference, folks) are these eateries:

1. Beck's Prime (Houston)
2. Scotty P's (Frisco, TX)
3. Chili's
4. Fuddrucker's
5. TGI Friday's

And there you are!

I agree with you in the sense that there is a difference between Fuddrucker's and Burger King. But at the end of the day they are all still pretty casual. None of the restaurants mentioned on this thread are on the level of "The Four Seasons", LOL.

By the way, I've never been to Carl's Jr. (since there aren't any on the east coast). I've heard good things about it! Could you also tell me about Culver's? I've never heard of it!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
I agree with you in the sense that there is a difference between Fuddrucker's and Burger King. But at the end of the day they are all still pretty casual. None of the restaurants mentioned on this thread are on the level of "The Four Seasons", LOL.

By the way, I've never been to Carl's Jr. (since there aren't any on the east coast). I've heard good things about it! Could you also tell me about Culver's? I've never heard of it!
Aren't Carl's Jr. & Hardee's the same thing (sorta like Hellman's mayo in the East & Best Foods mayo in the West)?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Five Guys, hands down

Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
This is too easy.

In N Out Burger for normal burgers and "World Famous Tommy's" for chili burgers. Nothing else even comes close. Astro Burger is pretty good as well.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 PM

100 posts, read 374,496 times
All American on Long Island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink