Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 12:45 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I've loved these since I was a child, but no store seems to carry them anymore, despite what the website says: https://www.oreida.com/product/00013120000195

Anyone know how to obtain them at all please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 02:35 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Have you tried contacting Ore-Ida and asking them who the distributor(s) in your area are?

Old 06-15-2022, 02:36 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
I've never ever seen those. I'd be curious to try them, but it doesn't sound like I'll have the opportunity.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:31 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
There has been an issue with those for quite a while now, as in related to the covid supply chain disruptions. My daughter uses them as the base for a potato soup recipe she loves and we have been struggling to find them in stock since at least last fall. Ore Ida has been less than helpful with their answers, basically they politely say that they'll be in stock when they're in stock.
The websites for the grocers here always say you need to check the store for whether they are in stock, so your best bet is probably to find out when they receive their trucks and call or visit soon after.

Ore Ida standard reply: We appreciate hearing that you're a fan of our products! We’re sorry to hear you can’t find this product at your local retailer. We would be happy to help locate stores near you that may carry the product. Please send us a PM of your zip code. Thanks!
or: During this pandemic period, we may experience temporary outages on some flavors or varieties, and we appreciate your patience. We’d be more than happy to check which stores in your area that have scanned these products in the last 30 days.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:06 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I would actually buy them if they didn't dump soybean oil on them. That's a big no for me.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:12 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I have seen some store brand tater tots that have onion in them. I like them better than the plain ones. Ore-Ida has them but they are hard to find.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the comments guys! Well, if anyone hears of anything, espcially in the Southern California area, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
There has been an issue with those for quite a while now, as in related to the covid supply chain disruptions. My daughter uses them as the base for a potato soup recipe she loves and we have been struggling to find them in stock since at least last fall. Ore Ida has been less than helpful with their answers, basically they politely say that they'll be in stock when they're in stock.
The websites for the grocers here always say you need to check the store for whether they are in stock, so your best bet is probably to find out when they receive their trucks and call or visit soon after.

Ore Ida standard reply: We appreciate hearing that you're a fan of our products! We’re sorry to hear you can’t find this product at your local retailer. We would be happy to help locate stores near you that may carry the product. Please send us a PM of your zip code. Thanks!
or: During this pandemic period, we may experience temporary outages on some flavors or varieties, and we appreciate your patience. We’d be more than happy to check which stores in your area that have scanned these products in the last 30 days.

Thanks for posting! Sounds like no time soon. Had I known they were going to do away from them indefinintely, I would have bought 4-5 bags right at the end just to enjoy them a few last times! Well, at least they didn't say theh're permanently gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have seen some store brand tater tots that have onion in them. I like them better than the plain ones. Ore-Ida has them but they are hard to find.

What other stores/brands have ONION flavored ones? I've never seen it, otherwise, I surely would have tried them!

Old 06-17-2022, 12:10 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Thanks for the comments guys! Well, if anyone hears of anything, espcially in the Southern California area, let me know!

Thanks for posting! Sounds like no time soon. Had I known they were going to do away from them indefinintely, I would have bought 4-5 bags right at the end just to enjoy them a few last times! Well, at least they didn't say theh're permanently gone.

What other stores/brands have ONION flavored ones? I've never seen it, otherwise, I surely would have tried them!
I live in NY so I can only go buy what I have seen. you can go on their website and click by now and they tell which retailer has them

Last edited by lubby; 06-17-2022 at 12:20 PM..

Old 06-17-2022, 12:55 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
........What other stores/brands have ONION flavored ones? I've never seen it, otherwise, I surely would have tried them!

You probably want ones with real onion in them. I tried one store brand and could taste dry onion powder in them. It's not nice, so I won't buy that brand again.

The house brand at Walmart is a good tater tot, but they don't have any with onions in them.

If Ore-Ida has demand for them, they will bring them back as soon as they can. I notice a great deal of difficulty getting good quality onions the last two years and that might have something to do with it.

Old 08-31-2022, 08:25 AM

Still never saw them, but I haven't been on an aggressive hunt. Oh well!

I did buy some garlic crinkly fries w/ parsley & sea salt by the brand ALEXIA. I guesss that's the next best thing & I know that's a healthier brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink