U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 12:15 AM

35,593 posts, read 41,702,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Right. Of course. But if the loaf of bread says a slice is one serving, do you use that fact to choose to take only one slice instead two? I don't think most people do that. If they want a sandwich with two slices of bread, they're going to take two regardless of whatever a "serving" is supposed to be according to the package.
Well of course. That's only logical. A sandwich is made with TWO slices of bread!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2022, 05:11 AM

1,123 posts, read 478,063 times
I marvel at the little tubs of hummus or cream cheese that say 8 servings in container. I examine the container and wonder how on Earth anyone could get 8 servings out of that lol.

Old 08-06-2022, 05:59 AM

3,466 posts, read 1,186,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
No wonder so many Americans are fat. The vast majority of "resealable" packages on the market today are incapable of it. The only way you can close up the remaining contents is to put the package inside another that DOES work.

Or fold over the top and use a bag clip. Course the the factory engineering of the contents of the bag may have made thought process like this impossible. Cant eat just one.... and before you know it, boom, BLISS POINT. LOL

Old 08-06-2022, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinwomb View Post
I marvel at the little tubs of hummus or cream cheese that say 8 servings in container. I examine the container and wonder how on Earth anyone could get 8 servings out of that lol.

How many licks does it take to get to center of a tootsie pop? Same method on how many licks to consume a little tub of cream cheese. Its 8 licks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuV_tISXMcY

Old 08-06-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Forget about the sneaky downsizing what the heck serving size ONE slice of bread? Can you be anymore dishonest and deceptive, can you food industry, can you reach a new low?

Can you show a big nice plate of food in the picture then put something nothing like it in the box?

Low lives.

You know back in the day you made a sandwich with two slices bread.... THEN cut it diagonally with a knife. One triangle sandwich intended for one person. So one slice bread for one person. And there you have it. Blame the Big Macadamia Whooper sandwiches for exaggerating bread expectations with your bucket of fried chicken.

Old 08-06-2022, 03:20 PM

30,178 posts, read 41,230,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well of course. That's only logical. A sandwich is made with TWO slices of bread!

And breakfast toast is made with one slice of bread.

No one uses bread for anything but a sandwich?

Old 08-07-2022, 11:36 AM

35,593 posts, read 41,702,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And breakfast toast is made with one slice of bread.

No one uses bread for anything but a sandwich?
I didn't say otherwise. I had one slice bread, toasted, with my eggs this morning. I have ONE slice of bread at a meal, far more often than I have TWO.

The OP is somehow confusing serving sizes on labels with how much one *should* eat. That's not the case.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...-reality-check

What folks are *supposed* to do is use the nutritional values to fit that food into a healthy diet. But most folks don't have a clue.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 08-07-2022 at 12:36 PM..

Old 08-07-2022, 12:07 PM

3,716 posts, read 1,786,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
You know back in the day you made a sandwich with two slices bread.... THEN cut it diagonally with a knife. One triangle sandwich intended for one person. So one slice bread for one person. And there you have it. Blame the Big Macadamia Whooper sandwiches for exaggerating bread expectations with your bucket of fried chicken.
My mom used to make "fold-over" sandwiches. One slice of bread folded over some sort of filling, which was usually tuna/chicken salad or peanut butter. Served with a bowl of soup or a glass of milk and a few cut up raw veggies on the side, that would be lunch when we were kids. Still is if I'm home for a visit at lunchtime or if I make a quick sandwich to eat while on the run out of the door. It's plenty to eat most of the time.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:35 PM

78,793 posts, read 72,819,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Back in what day?

My mother had a sandwich assembly line going on at the kitchen table every morning in the 1960s. We never got only half a sandwich to take to school.

Sandwich, a dessert (cookies, cake) and an apple. Always an apple. And we were all skinny.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Back in what day?

My mother had a sandwich assembly line going on at the kitchen table every morning in the 1960s. We never got only half a sandwich to take to school.

Sandwich, a dessert (cookies, cake) and an apple. Always an apple. And we were all skinny.

And the sandwich was your main course as per your description. If you had a real main course, would you need two sandwiches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink