U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 06:40 AM

24,319 posts, read 15,987,939 times

Advertisements

Not sure what the best meal was neal. Had pink porgies the other nite dwight. Best fish anyone could ever eat. I get them 80 miles offshore in the gulf in 180ft.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 09:04 AM

19,812 posts, read 16,886,590 times
Probably - lobster, shrimp, perfect steak, salad with blue cheese and wine. ( butter and garlic included in all that!)

MUCH later - cheesecake.
Ending with Grand Marnier so everything digested just fine.
(People don't get how imp these 'digestive' liqueurs are..they do in Europe!)

Old 08-12-2022, 08:28 PM

1,433 posts, read 755,832 times
I had the omakase at Matsuhisa. It was so good. The sushi/sashimi were sooo good. The kobe beef presented with a hot stone to quickly sear it. It was like cotton candy and just melted in the mouth.

The best experience, we bought some Japanese kobe beef earlier this year. Quickly seared and it was very good. What made is good is that the kids really enjoyed it as well. We also had some upper prime ribeyes to go with the meal. Spouse and I drank a 2012 Silver Oak, Napa Valley Cabernet. Everyone was happy and full after a nice meal.

Another good meal earlier this year was on a Disney cruise. Spouse and I ate at Remy (french restaurant). Every course of the meal was just fantastic. Even the bread and butter were very good. We were so full at the end we couldn't even do the cheese course...and I love cheese.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:43 PM

21,997 posts, read 5,927,489 times
When I was a teenager we were visiting relatives in Ohio where I was born. My Aunt fixed dinner, she never asked what we wanted and didn't know our favorites but it was amazing. Everything I liked was there, delicious fish (don't know what kind), pierogis, spinach and chocolate pudding for dessert. I told her it was everything I liked but I'm not sure she believed me.
These days I like meals at regular restaurants..Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse and others. I don't care for any spicy foods though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink