Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2022, 01:11 PM
 
15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Reputation: 8543

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I bring a pan of water to boil and remove it from the heat. Then I put a heaping scoop (22 grams) of ground coffee into the pan of water, stir, and let the ground coffee blend with the hot water for 2 minutes. Then I stir it all up again and pour the coffee and water blend into the cone, where the cone filters out all the grounds and the coffee drains into the mug. Yes, the flavor with this method is stronger (and better IMO) than just pouring hot water over coffee grounds that are in the cone filter.
I agree. I tried it and it is richer and better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2022, 01:18 PM
 
6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Reputation: 31229
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I bring a pan of water to boil and remove it from the heat. Then I put a heaping scoop (22 grams) of ground coffee into the pan of water, stir, and let the ground coffee blend with the hot water for 2 minutes. Then I stir it all up again and pour the coffee and water blend into the cone, where the cone filters out all the grounds and the coffee drains into the mug. Yes, the flavor with this method is stronger (and better IMO) than just pouring hot water over coffee grounds that are in the cone filter.
That's probably better than what a percolator makes. I'm gonna try this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2022, 09:14 PM
 
Location: near bears but at least no snakes
26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Reputation: 50525
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I bring a pan of water to boil and remove it from the heat. Then I put a heaping scoop (22 grams) of ground coffee into the pan of water, stir, and let the ground coffee blend with the hot water for 2 minutes. Then I stir it all up again and pour the coffee and water blend into the cone, where the cone filters out all the grounds and the coffee drains into the mug. Yes, the flavor with this method is stronger (and better IMO) than just pouring hot water over coffee grounds that are in the cone filter.
Thanks. I'll be trying that tomorrow, especially since I have some Tim Horton's that's flavorless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2022, 05:50 AM
 
8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Reputation: 21286
I wonder who made up this list, and how much they paid to be on top of the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2022, 06:34 AM
 
Location: SE WI
746 posts, read 837,904 times
Reputation: 2204
I remember reading somewhere that only 1 out of 10 Starbucks customers actually drink coffee. I have tried it maybe twice but don't think I ever made it through a half cup.

When looking for a cup on the road somewhere, I always look for McDonald's. Consistent taste everywhere you go.
At home, I discovered Folger's Black Silk a few years ago and have bought nothing else since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2022, 06:51 AM
 
5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Reputation: 9955
The one I like best and buy all the time is Bustelo.

But I also like Lavazza, El Pico, & Medaglia D’oro.

Last edited by Sage 80; 11-13-2022 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2022, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Capital Region, NY
2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
The ones I like best and buy all the time is Bustelo.

But I also like Lavazza, El Pico, & Medaglia D’oro.
Never thought I would like coffee made in a Keurig, but I do. Top picks currently are Starbucks Pike Place, Newman’s Own Organic, and Caribou Blend. I just ordered a box of the Lavassa Classic, so looking forward to trying that. I look for a medium roast and add a tablespoon of half and half to each cup. I don’t drink flavored coffees. I also only use filtered water (We have excellent tap water here. We fill up a filtered pitcher and then fill up the Keurig with it as needed).

What I like about the Keurig is that I can try so many different brands very easily. I’ve tried everything from single source coffees to exotic blends, French roasts to seasonal flavors. I always go back to my picks above.

Of course, it’s also quick and clean in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2022, 05:04 AM
 
7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times
Reputation: 2780
Love Keurig, but recently discovered cold brew and words cannot describe the difference over drip, Keurig, etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Never thought I would like coffee made in a Keurig, but I do. Top picks currently are Starbucks Pike Place, Newman’s Own Organic, and Caribou Blend. I just ordered a box of the Lavassa Classic, so looking forward to trying that. I look for a medium roast and add a tablespoon of half and half to each cup. I don’t drink flavored coffees. I also only use filtered water (We have excellent tap water here. We fill up a filtered pitcher and then fill up the Keurig with it as needed).

What I like about the Keurig is that I can try so many different brands very easily. I’ve tried everything from single source coffees to exotic blends, French roasts to seasonal flavors. I always go back to my picks above.

Of course, it’s also quick and clean in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2022, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Dayton OH
5,760 posts, read 11,358,171 times
Reputation: 13539
I tried Lidl premium store brand coffee (Unser Bester = Our Best in English) for about $6.20 per 500 gram package (1.1 lbs). Wow, good stuff, better than any other store brand coffee I have tried. It is arabica, medium-dark roast, ground. Lidl has stores along the atlantic coast USA (New Jersey to Georgia) in addition to thousands of stores in Germany and many other countries in Europe.

Lidl's USA web site shows a store brand Colombian arabica medium roast coffee for about $6.50 per 12 ounce package. That is roughly 35 percent more per ounce than their premium store brand coffee sold here in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2022, 08:28 AM
 
Location: 49th parallel
4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Reputation: 9588
OK everyone - the "no coffee maker" back with a question. After reading all the posts I decided to ditch the Dunkin Donuts bag of coffee I bought and put in the freezer for the arrival of SIL, and bought a thing of Bustelo. I say "a thing" because the description (we order online) says a "brick."

Will this thing arrive in some shape to be put into a Mr. Coffee, or do I have to pound it or something, haha. Also it said "espresso" but they ALL said espresso. Did I order the wrong thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top