Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 10:58 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
I would love to find a coffee that tastes mild and goes down smoothly instead of all the current coffee selections out there. I find that they are all very bitter and strong which, imo, takes away from the smooth taste one used to get years ago with their morning coffee.
The mildest, smoothest, least acidic coffee I've ever had has been cold brew. This isn't to be confused with iced coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 05:40 AM

15,944 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
I would love to find a coffee that tastes mild and goes down smoothly instead of all the current coffee selections out there. I find that they are all very bitter and strong which, imo, takes away from the smooth taste one used to get years ago with their morning coffee.
Add hot milk. Smooths out the bitterness, which some of us like.

Old 04-16-2023, 05:57 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,358,171 times
I bought a 1 kilo (2.2 lb) bag of Lavazza Rossa coffee a couple of weeks ago at the grocery. It was whole bean, and I used the store's grinder set for a medium ground for my drip coffee filter. It brews a good cup of coffee, but not quite as good as the cup of Lavazza coffee I bought at a gas station mini-mart last month. However, the mini mart had a super-duper coffee machine instead of the drip filter I use at home.

Old 04-30-2023, 09:22 PM

1,906 posts, read 2,036,325 times
On list that I have tried, only Illy and Lavazza are decent.

I usually buy Volcanica or Kimbo and when I can get them Quarta, Passalaqua, or Del Professore

Quote:
You should try med and dark roasts from non acidic varieties. Volcanica Sumatra mandheling reserve and Volcanica Ethiopian Yirgacheffe region.

Old 05-02-2023, 07:55 PM

12,368 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Coffee is definitely personal taste. I just tried Lavazza for the first time because I've seen they have raving fans here. The varieties the store had were Classico and Gran Aroma and I got both. There was nothing bad about them to my taste, but there was nothing remarkable either. I know this is heresy, but to me they lacked flavor and character. I preferred the coffee I drank before them (Equal Exchange Mind, Body and Soul) as well as after (Green Mountain Nantucket Blend).

Old 05-12-2023, 01:42 PM

3,181 posts, read 1,654,323 times
It depends where the roast is intended for. If you take Lavazza in Europe, it's a lot stronger than in the US where I guess they've made it milder. Any coffee or beer taste stronger outside of US. Americans in general prefer milder roasts and less aroma or intensity until Starbucks introduced the dark roast to the masses. People still say Starbucks taste burnt without ever realizing the roast they've ordered.

Old 05-14-2023, 01:25 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
I only buy Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut coffee which i make at home.. its #12 on this list.

I dont like strong flavor coffee. And when i make it at home i put one or two scoops of coffee, i add to my cup a lot of creamer or cream .. my son came by and said it looks like i made tea. He made it next morning, with 12 scoops of coffee. haha tasted the same.

Old 05-19-2023, 05:58 PM

81 posts, read 46,215 times
Tasted Lavazza in Europe, liked it, so we ordered from Amazon.

When it came - surprise! - tasted nothing like I was expecting lol. Will not be ordering again.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:33 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
We used to be big fans of Trader Joe’s ground medium roast, but they noticeably lowered the quality a few years ago and raised the price. After trying several reasonably-priced brands, we’ve settled on a blend of two Starbucks ground coffees: 1/3 Cafe Verona decaf mixed with 2/3 Breakfast Blend. The Breakfast Blend by itself is balanced but weak to our taste, and adding the Cafe Verona decaf boosts the flavor. When we make a pot of decaf, the Verona by itself is good compared to the alternatives.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:27 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampleapricots View Post
Tasted Lavazza in Europe, liked it, so we ordered from Amazon.

When it came - surprise! - tasted nothing like I was expecting lol. Will not be ordering again.
It won't taste the same. Air, humidity and pressure impact coffee taste as much as the ingredients. And water quality is probably the biggest factor on why coffee, pasta and pizza taste better in Italy (their water has more calcium and a different combination of minerals, less chlorine and iodine.
Italian espresso tastes better because it is always made from a fresh roast which is never more than eight days old. In America, it is hard to find a fresh roasted coffee.
Also the way how a cup of coffee is made is different.

https://peakflavorcoffee.com/blogs/c...sotastesbetter
https://majestycoffee.com/blogs/post...nces-explained
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink