Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,262,639 times

Advertisements

Try PB and honey sandwiches too. They are a bit less messy than jelly and my daughter loves them! Chicken soup with goldfish crackers are yummy, how about Mini corn dogs?
Grilled cheese with fun cookie cutters- For a different twist on a banana, slice it (round slices) and put it in a bowl with some milk, sprinkle a little brown or white sugar on it and heat for about 15 seconds.. yum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,305,342 times
when my kids were that age , they loved speggetti o's. this was about the only thing they would eat for lunch.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 PM

254 posts, read 1,183,420 times
A lot of it depends on the parents too. I'm not super strict about what my kid eats, but I wouldn't want him eating nothing but chicken nuggets and hot dogs for an entire week, kwim?

I was thinking of this post as I drifted off to sleep last night-- has anyone mentioned corn on the cob? My 2 year old can easily knock off 2 ears and still begs for more.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:08 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
i know what you mean about corn on the cob. my 2yo loves it! he just takes one from the table and starts chomping--funniest thing i ever saw. the thing is bigger than his face...

Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
corn is bad for you. there's a reason it comes out whole in your poop. might as well just feed them more hot dogs and nuggets.

try pancakes and homemade waffles. buy organic stuff, including the syrup.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
I just found the coolest thing at the store the other day - Earth's Best (they make baby food) now has organic alphabet pasta shapes! My 8 year old boy even thinks they are really cool... I thought he might be a bit old for them, but got them anyway and I'm glad I did.

You can cook the pasta shapes and then toss them in an organic cream of tomato (and roasted red pepper - yum!) soup base and you have yourself something a little better than the stuff out of the can... sprinkle in some Parmesan cheese... my kids (and husband even!) love it.

Other food ideas - anything "dippy" - carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumber... with dips - puree black beans and add a bit of fresh herbs and spices... make some hummus... mix cream cheese with orange marmalade... apples and peanut butter... spread hummus on flat bread and make "eyes" out of olives and a smiley face from a red bell pepper... fruit salad, frozen grapes, fruit smoothies, homemade popsicles, cereal with yogurt and honey and fresh fruit, homemade macaroni and cheese or ravioli. My kids love soup. They really love homemade chicken and dumplings...

Oh and ditto the organic real maple syrup! It makes all the difference on pancakes and waffles... and you don't have to use a mix for those things - they are less expensive and tastier to make from scratch.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:12 PM

187 posts, read 614,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
when my kids were that age , they loved speggetti o's. this was about the only thing they would eat for lunch.
My daughter loved spagettios and beefaroni, pretty much chef boyardee kept her happy when mom didnt want to cook!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
My son likes the trix yogurt. Fish sticks, chicken patties, (the tyson kind)
and everything else that has already been mentioned.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,649,653 times
These are a few foods my 4-year old grandson likes:

Chicken, fish sticks, ham, bacon, brocolli, green beans, carrots, peas, celery sticks, apples, strawberries, bananas, grapes, blueberries, watermelon, mac & cheese, brown rice, french fries, noodles, Cheerios, oatmeal, waffles, bagels, grilled cheese, quesadillas, hot dogs, pb&j sandwiches, bean & cheese burritos, goldfish and saltine crackers, yogurt, cheese, pudding, jello, popsicles, cake, cookies, and ice-cream.

Of course, we are careful with how many sweets we offer.

Last edited by Beth56; 05-31-2008 at 04:06 PM..

Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
corn is bad for you. there's a reason it comes out whole in your poop. might as well just feed them more hot dogs and nuggets.

try pancakes and homemade waffles. buy organic stuff, including the syrup.
not all of us can afford organic, and why is corn bad for you? i think people need to eat everything in moderation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink