Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times

Advertisements

-Bison meat. Too gamey for me. I immediately spat it out.

-Sweets, especially chocolate. That's right, I don't like chocolate (except for a bit of white chocolate once in a blue moon).

-Pickled herring in sour cream

-Breakstone Cottage Cheese (but I like all other brands-strange, isn't it? In general, I am an absolute cheese fanatic and I eat too much of it! I love cheese.)

Last edited by annika08; 01-11-2009 at 08:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 03:36 PM

840 posts, read 3,467,211 times
Default The 20 Worst Foods in America

Men's Health - Eat This, Not That! - Best & Worst - What's are the worst foods?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Sure, a turkey burger sounds healthy. But is it, really? Not if you order the Bella from Ruby Tuesday, which packs a whopping 1,145 calories. (And yes, that's before a side of fries.)
WOW....

Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM

202 posts, read 359,052 times
I'm not hungry anymore.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,881 times
Well heck, they bashed my favorite appetizer at Chili's, the Awesome Blossom. I could have done without knowing that it is equivalent to 67 slices of bacon though.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,137 times
I've always dreamed of living in the US, but after reading that, maybe it's a good idea that I don't Most of it sounded quite yummy. Way too tempting. Although, having said that, I'm not much of a fast-food fan nor do we eat out a lot. So I'll continue dreaming of living in the US

Most of those foods were a bit over the top, with excessive portions. I wouldn't be able to handle that Carl's jr burger. Just looking at that amount of meat makes me queasy

Ironic, that the number one Worst Food in America is the Outback Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing - I've never seen any equivalent to that on any menu here in Australia. People here eat their chips (fries) either with "sauce" (a sort of ketchup) or vinegar. I've never seen an option of putting cheese on it or having a side of Ranch. That sounds similar to a way they serve fries in Quebec - with gravy and cheese curds. Another heart attack on a plate meal.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Well heck, they bashed my favorite appetizer at Chili's, the Awesome Blossom. I could have done without knowing that it is equivalent to 67 slices of bacon though.
I might be in denial...but I find it hard to believe! If you boil something in oil...most of the oil doesn't absorb....and it just can't be 67 slices of bacon worth!

As for the Worst Breakfast...the stuffed pancakes at Bob Evans....well they look DANG good. I might have to try a version of that at home with just nuts and bananas in the batter.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM

622 posts, read 1,724,051 times
Wow. I will avoid chain restaurants! It's like early death on a plate!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,449 times
Cool. Here are mine:

* 20. Worst Fast-Food Chicken Meal
They're all horrible.
* 19. Worst Drink
Anything from Pepsi.
* 18. Worst Supermarket Meal
No opinion
* 17. Worst "Healthy" Burger
Burger King's Veggie burger. (I believe made by Gardenburger) I applaud the effort, but you can't just easily sub it for a standard beef patty on the regular menu and they don't flame broil it. Lame.
* 16. Worst Mexican Entree
Anything from Taco Bell. Other than that, fajitas. So 90's. Try something else for once.
* 15. Worst Kids' Meal
McDonald's
* 14. Worst Sandwich
No opinion
* 13. Worst Salad
No opinion
* 12. Worst Burger
Red Robin. Waaaay too expensive.
* 11. Worst Steak
Outback.
* 10. Worst Breakfast
IHOP. "Whipped topping" on everything
* 9. Worst Dessert
The bananas in red sauce at the Chinese buffet. What's up with that?
* 8. Worst Chinese Entree
Sweet and Sour.
* 7. Worst Chicken Entree
Boneless wings. Bones provide the structure that defines the avian wing. Therefore, if there are no bones; it cannot be a wing, and is merely a nugget.
* 6. Worst Fish Entree
No real opinion.
* 5. Worst Pizza
Pizza Hut.
* 4. Worst Pasta
Fazoli's.
* 3. Worst Nachos
It's all a giant heap of failure.
* 2. Worst Starter
Artichoke crab dip. Welcome to [Friday's/Ruby Tuesday's/O'Charley's etc.]
* 1. The Worst Food in America
We've all got choices. Cook, or pay someone else to cook for us? Time, skill, money - they all play a role in the decision. When you make the choice to have someone else prepare your food; you're putting a lot of trust into that individual; I don't care if it's the French Laundry or Burger King. Don't make that choice on auto-pilot. Any food decisions made without thought are the worst.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times
Almost a third of the items on that list are my 69 year old dads faves lol. Luckily for him he is only 5'6 and around 135 lbs. Still.

The only thing I eat on there is the Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs. Guess I won't be getting that next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink