Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 11:14 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
No mass produced ice cream doing that already ?
I thought so too but I do know that they have those pills for that. What I don’t know or remember, is how long does it take to work before consuming? It can’t be instantaneously or is it? Maybe timing is different for each person?

Oh yea, I read somewhere that July is National Ice Cream Month. I didn’t indulge every day but I have had my share .

Old 07-31-2023, 09:38 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Since this thread started we discovered a new treat to replace ice cream on these hot days. It was on sale so we tried it and then went back for different flavors, now 5 boxes in the freezer. The Outshine frozen fruit pops are delicious, taste like real fruit. Hopefully they are healthier, with no artificial flavors or colors, 40 calories and no fat, sugar, cholesterol or sodium. My favorite is the watermelon, but I also like the Peach, Strawberry, Raspberry, Tangerine and Grape. There are still other flavors that we have not tried. We'll still do ice cream once in a while, but these we can enjoy almost every day without guilt.
https://www.icecream.com/us/en/brand...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
We love the Outshine too and get the big variety pack at Costco. It's a good savings over the grocery store price.

Old 07-31-2023, 01:27 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I thought so too but I do know that they have those pills for that. What I don’t know or remember, is how long does it take to work before consuming? It can’t be instantaneously or is it? Maybe timing is different for each person?

Oh yea, I read somewhere that July is National Ice Cream Month. I didn’t indulge every day but I have had my share .
Seems like the lane is wide open for a lactose free ice cream… if it makes financial sense from a production standpoint

Old 07-31-2023, 01:37 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Seems like the lane is wide open for a lactose free ice cream… if it makes financial sense from a production standpoint
There are all kinds of lactose free ice creams.

I'm pretty sure that's the change in regular ice cream sales (downward), is all the optional types you can buy: lactose free, low sugar, keto, etc. in addition to popularity of frozen yogurt, gelato, etc.

But as an aside.... ice cream did not originate in the US.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2023, 01:46 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
People eating less of it does not mean it's dying. It just means people are trying to avoid the beetus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
'Cause you don't wanna die a beetus.

I love ice cream, but can no longer digest it. Reminded myself of that for my birthday.
Ain't nobody going to put up a picture of Wilfred Brimley? Slackers!!!

I don't eat a lot of ice-cream. Nothing against it, just that I'm in middle age, and trying to watch my weight and cholesterol, and given the chance I'd rather skimp on Ice-cream than miss a single bite of bacon or other smoked pork products. It's all about priorities.

(Sadly, I eat a lot less red (and 'other white') meat than I used to also...)

Old 07-31-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There are all kinds of lactose free ice creams.

I'm pretty sure that's the change in regular ice cream sales (downward), is all the optional types you can buy: lactose free, low sugar, keto, etc. in addition to popularity of frozen yogurt, gelato, etc.

But as an aside.... ice cream did not originate in the US.
You’re right I actually forgot I’ve tried the SoBe brand’s non dairy version. It’ll do but it’s not the same for sure.

Old 07-31-2023, 03:48 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
You’re right I actually forgot I’ve tried the SoBe brand’s non dairy version. It’ll do but it’s not the same for sure.
I would be eating the bougiest, most high fat, decadent ice cream every day if I could, but alas.... cannot.

So Halo Top for me, and the tiny container will last me a month. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I like high fat, decadent desserts as long as they are not too sweet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-01-2023, 12:30 AM

1,116 posts, read 1,131,769 times
I love ice cream. I would eat it everyday, and that's why I don't buy any to keep. There are a couple of brands that are decent, Umpqua (sp?) and Tillamook. But now I wait for my daughter and her hubs to come down and we go to a shop that makes amazing ice cream. Not cheap, but once every two or three months is ok.

Old 08-01-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I would be eating the bougiest, most high fat, decadent ice cream every day if I could, but alas.... cannot.

So Halo Top for me, and the tiny container will last me a month. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I like high fat, decadent desserts as long as they are not too sweet.
I don’t like the super high artificially tasting sweets either… I think as pallets mature, consistency and decadence takes precedence of sweetness levels/intensity.

Old 08-01-2023, 10:37 AM

1,423 posts, read 663,047 times
It's not dying in this house .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink