Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2024, 11:54 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,137,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I love Pizza Hut. If for some reason my store is not open or not delivering, I will just order from Marco's Pizza (chain near us) before I settle for any of the others.

I don't know if it's just memories from our childhood or what, but we both still enjoy going in the restaurant and having a pitcher of beer with a thin cheeseburger pizza.
Your childhood memories involve pitchers of beer?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 12:02 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Lets talk chain pizza restaurants. How do you rank these, from best to worst?

Papa Johns is the best to me. It's like a boring but dependable relative. You know what to expect and you get it every time. The sauce has a zing to it that makes it stand out.

Dominos is second best. It will never be considered "good" pizza, but it has enough flavor that I don't dislike it. For the price I can't complain.

Little Caesars is bad. It's the kind of pizza that tastes good when you're 13, and haven't tried anything else. It's cardboard.

Pizza Hut is the worst. It manages to be flavorless, soggy cardboard that is also overpriced.

What do you think?
I have never experienced such issue with Pizza Hut and would chalk your experience up to location/poor management. I have found over the years otherwise consistent above average pizza at a good price, especially with specials or coupons. I do agree for those with an option for Marco's that it is beats them all, especially with their "Old World" pepperoni and sausage options.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:17 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
It's been eons since I've had Dominoes or Little Ceasars, but we have had Papa Johns and Pizza hut within the last decade. Out of those two Papa Johns was better than Pizza Hut. I'll bet I haven't had Dominoes in almost 20-25 years. I recall back then it was just edible drunk food.

We don't have delivery service of anything where we live, so if I have to drive for a pie there are just too many better options in town. Just in little Helena MT there are at least a dozen other options, 5 of which are considered 5 star pies.

Last edited by Threerun; 02-14-2024 at 12:34 PM..

Old 02-14-2024, 12:26 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
All of those are the worst !!
NO frozen pizza is good !!
Mom & pop pizza joints are far superior to store bought or chain pizzas!
Homemade is the best , it's easy, it's cheaper, and you can make any topping you want.
Although I'm not disagreeing per se, why does every pizza thread turn into this?

The OP's question was very specific.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:28 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Domino's of today is way better than Domino's of 15 years ago. It's passable now if I see it at a party or something.

Papa John's always feels like a gut bomb about 20 minutes after eating, but I do like their sauce best among these choices.

Haven't had Little C's in a long time.

Pizza Hut is too bready-cheesy, not a good sauce balance.

All that said, I really only ever eat these when served at an event/party.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:29 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,650,286 times
I didn't realize Pizza Hut was still in business. All the ones around here shut down years ago.

Little Caesars is bad, Domino's doesn't deliver to our house, and so we go with a local restaurant when we order pizza delivered.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:56 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Pizza Hut has consistently gotten worse. I try not to order any of them but Papa Johns seems to have the highest quality overall then Dominos. Little Cesars also good but I wouldn't order them unless I had no choice.

The difference between all of them is how generous they use their toppings, baked quality, and speed. Pizza Hut always seems the slowest.

But I don't think any of these chains can be consider real Pizza when they all taste like bread pizzas and not enough yeast in the dough. So what you get is a dough that tastes more like white bread than pizza dough with a good bite or chew and taste.

It's like taco bell vs real Mexican taco, such a huge difference in flavor and quality.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:37 PM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Your childhood memories involve pitchers of beer?

Both our parents enjoyed beer and pizza after our baseball and softball games

Old 02-14-2024, 02:06 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Both our parents enjoyed beer and pizza after our baseball and softball games
Mine too, the best pizza I ever had was at a family place in Hollywood FL called Villa Rose that made amazing thin crust pizza for many years. I recall my parents ordering pitchers of Falstaff beer there too...kind of dating myself!

Old 02-14-2024, 02:11 PM

23,514 posts, read 23,986,796 times
The quality and consistency of the pizza produced by these restaurants varies a lot from time to time.

I rate Papa John’s as the best and Domino’s at the bottom. Domino’s has slipped a long way, from our experiences. We have a chain here in Northern California, called Roundtable Pizza, which we prefer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink