Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 04:10 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times

Advertisements

Papa John's is the best of these, but not saying much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2024, 05:29 AM

12,381 posts, read 9,483,835 times
It's been a lonnnnnnnng time since I've been to most chain pizza joints, but the last one I went to was Uno's - which was really pretty good, certainly better than I recall the others.

Old 02-16-2024, 05:58 AM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Thin and crispy pepperoni and mushroom pizza from Pizza Hut is my favorite.

Old 02-16-2024, 06:40 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
All of those are the worst !!
NO frozen pizza is good !!
Mom & pop pizza joints are far superior to store bought or chain pizzas!
Homemade is the best , it's easy, it's cheaper, and you can make any topping you want.

Try Rao's, best frozen pizza I've ever had.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:30 AM

3,183 posts, read 1,657,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If I had to choose one, I'd pick Domino's, followed by Papa Johns and Pizza Hut, with Little Caesars taking a very far last place. While I've found where the pizza is being made makes a big difference (the local tap water is key I've found, so Domino's in Hawaii hasn't been as good as Domino's in NYC for example), I can at least tolerate Domino's and the other two. Little Caesars, I've found to be not good at all, though they were a little better than I recall CiCi's Pizza being (not that this is saying much).
I think the whole NYC water thing is a myth. I believe it is more related to the climate, humidity, and land elevation. Any dough will not rise properly in higher elevation. I'm not sure what the elevation of Hawaii is even at sea level it can be higher due to different land elevation. For example, cookie dough just doesn't cake up as well in Colorado.

Old 02-16-2024, 07:38 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,231,158 times
While none of these can compare to local pizza places in Philadelphia, I'd rank them in the following order:

1.) Domino's
2.) Little Caesar's
3.) Papa John's
4.) Pizza Hut

When I was a little kid in the 2000s, we'd often eat chain pizza. Back then, Domino's was easily the worst and Pizza Hut was easily the best. Things really began to change after Domino's introduced garlic-flavored crust, which made their pizza taste less like cardboard. Pizza Hut, on the other hand, has really declined over the years. IMO, their cheese just doesn't taste as good as it used to.

For Little Caesar's, not only does their pizza taste serviceable, but I really love their sides! Crazy Bread and Italian Cheese Bread are actually really good. I wouldn't have made it through college without their cheap but slightly delicious food. Papa John's can be good, but my local locations always seem to mess my something up. Plus, their pizza is WAYYYYYYY too expensive relative to its taste. I'd much rather order a cheaper and much tastier pie from a local shop than order from Papa John's. I really only order from them late at night on certain occasions, as my local shop is open until 3AM.

Old 02-16-2024, 08:40 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,807,609 times
For chains, I've become a fan of Marco's Pizza since they began operating in our area a few years ago.

IMO, I would put them above the four chains mentioned in by the OP.

Old 02-16-2024, 09:07 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,399,233 times
To be fair, I have not eaten at any of the 4 listed pizza chains in at least 5 years. They were all close to awful, compared to local pizza places where I travel. But, if I had to eat at one of the 4, Pizza Hut would get the nod. (The reason Pizza Hut gets the nod, it was the place that I took a date to eat, back in the day)

Old 02-16-2024, 10:10 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
I had Pizza in Tennessee from a place called mellow Mushroom and the crust was great. We had the Holy Shiitake Pizza

Olive oil and garlic base with roasted shiitake, button and Portobello mushrooms, caramelized onions, mozzarella, Wisconsin Aged White Cheddar cheese, fresh chives, shaved Parmesan, garlic aioli swirl and a spritz of black truffle oil. It was really good.

Old 02-16-2024, 10:35 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
My ex used to get Little Ceasar's all the time, because it was cheaper. I hated it. Still do. It tastes awful. Pizza Hut used to be my favorite chain, but I have not eaten there in a while, but used to get the stuffed crush.) The PH 4.5 miles away from me ill not deliver here. Papa Johns and Dominos are OK to me. When I get pizza delivered, it has to be Dominos. (Although this area did just finally get Door Dash.) I can only eat the thin crut with very light sauce though or I will get sick off of D's,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink