Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 02:06 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,051,782 times

Advertisements

Out of this list

Pizza Hut (only thin crust, when cooked right)
Little ceasers
Papa John/Domino's ( Tied for the worst on this list)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 03:22 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Domino’s is my fave and it’s not close. They did a nice job revamping the crust years back, and they have feta as a topping.

Pizza Hut second…it’s bland but I generally like the pan crust.

Papa John’s third. It’s always soggy, and they nearly always forgot the extras we ordered.

Lil Caesar’s distant last. It’s not good pizza. But it’s convenient when you just wanna run in and get a pizza and jam back out, and it’s cheap.

Old 03-03-2024, 12:19 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Well, out of the 4 you listed, I'd say in the order of best at the top...

1) Papa John's
2) Pizza Hut & Domino's about the same so tied for 2nd place
3) Little Caesar's - I try to avoid eating them if I can help it

Round Table is great! That chicken & garlic gourmet is fantastic IMO!

The restaurant BJ's has great pizza.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:53 PM

168 posts, read 29,350 times
I think in general, that chain pizza is better overall than most restaurants or small pizzerias. In my personal experience.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:56 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Pizza Hut really varies from area to area, so we avoid it. Papa John's makes our son sick for some reason. We like Little Caesar's here, as it is the cleanest and ingredients ALWAYS seem fresh, and if something isn't right, they make it right!

We used to really like Godfather's Pizza, but I am not sure they still exist, and certainly not where we now live.

Old 03-11-2024, 05:01 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Pizza Hut really varies from area to area, so we avoid it. Papa John's makes our son sick for some reason. We like Little Caesar's here, as it is the cleanest and ingredients ALWAYS seem fresh, and if something isn't right, they make it right!

We used to really like Godfather's Pizza, but I am not sure they still exist, and certainly not where we now live.
The Caesars here closed, guy claimed he wasn't making any money (high rent). The pizzas are frozen, they get unwrapped and put on a conveyor belt oven. They don't even sling dough, its a unwrap and heat concept now no different from gas station/711 pizza

Old 03-11-2024, 09:20 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Godfather's is still around, but they're mostly relegated to gas station/truck stop locations now.

Old 03-11-2024, 09:30 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
I think in general, that chain pizza is better overall than most restaurants or small pizzerias. In my personal experience.
LOL, only in Texas maybe...

Old 03-12-2024, 09:51 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
The Caesars here closed, guy claimed he wasn't making any money (high rent). The pizzas are frozen, they get unwrapped and put on a conveyor belt oven. They don't even sling dough, its a unwrap and heat concept now no different from gas station/711 pizza
Pizza Hut is also frozen pizza.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:56 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOnn View Post
It probably has to do with where you live, which I see is Texas. I can't imagine family-owned pizza shops being prevalent down there, so you may be right.

I am from New Jersey, which has very good small independent pizzerias, but I spent some time in Ontario, which most certainly does not. After trying a few independent pizza shops up there, I concluded that the best pizza was the chain called Pizza Pizza.

There was one exception, a small pizza place in Toronto near the areas where all the hospitals are (I was staying at hotel because someone was in one of the hospitals and grabbed some one night after visiting hours) had excellent pizza of quality on a par with what you'd find in my state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink