Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 11:13 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I will list items that I don't like..

Boneless chicken wings - Basically chicken nuggets shaped as wings
Chicken Breast - The absolutely most bland part of the chicken
Popcorn shrimp - Really? It looks and taste nothing like shrimp or where is the shrimp?
Tuna sandwich - Quite possibly the worst seafood dish ever created, taste more like chicken than tuna.
Bologna cheese sandwich - They serve that to kids and immates at prisons. The worst kind of mystery meat.
Fried fish fillet with cheese stuffed - Another really bad combo.
Turkey with gravy, Thanksgiving - Traditional but the most bland and boring dish. Rather have a smoked turkey leg.
Pea soup - I love peas but crushed into a soup, taste worst than celery soup.
Avocado Toast - Quite possibly the most overrated Millennial and Gen Z dish. Avocado taste better straight or as a dip than eaten with bread. Because it doesn't melt like butter and it has contrasting taste and texture. That is why you never see people eat avocado and bagel.
I don't like any of the things you mention but I would add:
- I don't like chicken no matter how it is prepared
- I don't eat processed foods
- I don't eat high carb foods
- I've never liked bread
- I hate mayonnaise
- I don't like soda pop
- I don't like beer
- Egg white (love the yoke though)

Basically I'm picky as Hell. What's funny is my 5 years old grandson is just as picky and doesn't like pretty much the same as me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 11:42 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I CAN eat everything, but WON'T eat deep fried food, infinite shelf life breads and other supermarket bakery stuff, sheet cakes and most other (American) sweets, candies and cookies, most canned food (except seafood), over-processed food, ice cream, margarine, lard, food that is too fatty, salty or sweet, most fast foods, turkey, BBQ covered with bbq sauce, cheese singles, most deli salads, sugary cereals, sausages, TV dinners, milkshakes, sugary drinks, meal replacement shakes, fruit yogurts, foods coated with artificial chocolate .... I know, it's a long list, but my stomach isn't a garbage bin.
In short - highly unhealthy (junk) food, refined carbs, processed oils, food full of additives and preservatives, and other unhealthy ingredients.

Old 02-23-2024, 08:02 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Are either of these "popular American foods"? Haven't heard of either one.
I don't know if it's popular but I have seen it on diners drive ins and dives and Man Vs Food

Old 02-23-2024, 08:05 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityandmore View Post
For me, I think rare cooked steak. I don't like it. I want it to be well done.
I used to eat steak well done which in my family is blasphemy. I eat it medium to medium rare. Otherwise it's dry and tasteless. Try It medium. you may never go back to well done steak.

Old 02-23-2024, 08:34 AM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:

Popcorn shrimp - Really? It looks and taste nothing like shrimp or where is the shrimp?
Tuna sandwich - Quite possibly the worst seafood dish ever created, taste more like chicken than tuna.
Bologna cheese sandwich - They serve that to kids and immates at prisons. The worst kind of mystery meat.
Turkey with gravy, Thanksgiving - Traditional but the most bland and boring dish. Rather have a smoked turkey leg.
Avocado Toast - Quite possibly the most overrated Millennial and Gen Z dish. Avocado taste better straight or as a dip than eaten with bread. Because it doesn't melt like butter and it has contrasting taste and texture. That is why you never see people eat avocado and bagel.
Chicken breast is good if it is not over cooked, with a nice sauce, or seasoning.
Bologna fried with oinions is wonderful. Do you like hotdogs? Same thing.
I love tuna....not at all like chicken....just ask my DH, who also can not stand tuna.
Turkey....best part for me is making turkey soup.
I agree with popcorn shrimp.
My mom made the best peasoup, with a big old ham bone. Very good.
It is hard for me to come up with foods I do not like....except.....grits.

Old 02-23-2024, 08:47 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times
Quote:

I'm with you on pea soup. It reminds me of the barf scenes from The Exorcist. They used pea soup.

But chicken wings - that used to be the part that got tossed. I prefer boneless actually.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:12 AM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Cauliflower, strong cheeses (I enjoy mild tasting cheeses though), liver, heavily battered and fried foods, eggplant, crab, extremely salty or overly sweetened foods, cheese pizza (I like having veggies & meat on my pizza), and heavily marbled fatty steaks.

Old 02-23-2024, 11:11 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Chicken breast is good if it is not over cooked, with a nice sauce, or seasoning.
Bologna fried with oinions is wonderful. Do you like hotdogs? Same thing.
I love tuna....not at all like chicken....just ask my DH, who also can not stand tuna.
Turkey....best part for me is making turkey soup.
I agree with popcorn shrimp.
My mom made the best peasoup, with a big old ham bone. Very good.
It is hard for me to come up with foods I do not like....except.....grits.

Ooh.. yeah.. Fried Bologna.. So, I'll reverse course on not liking bologna for that.. But.. i'll keep that.. Not just luncheon meat out of a pack.

You get a nice, thick cut piece of it and fry it up.. That's pretty good. Onions and mustard for a sandwich.. Or put it on a biscuit with an egg.

I'll just ignore the whole part about not liking grits. People here saying no to grits, country fried steak and white gravy.. Something not right about that.. lol

Old 02-23-2024, 04:58 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,650,286 times
Except for pea soup and grits, you guys pretty much eliminated everything I ate growing up. I eat much more widely (and better) now.

Lord only knows how many baloney sandwiches on white Wonder bread with Kraft "cheese food" and Miracle Whip me and and my brothers ate for lunch at school.

Old 02-23-2024, 05:17 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
But chicken wings - that used to be the part that got tossed. I prefer boneless actually.
I was the youngest kid in the family and when my mom roasted a chicken, I got the wings. They were obviously seen as the "least desirable" part.

But I loved wings then and still do. Now that wings are so popular, I am upset that although I can find cheap packages of fresh chicken breasts, thighs, and drumsticks, there are no longer any cheap chicken wings. I guess they are all being sold to restaurants. The only way I can get them is to buy the whole chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink