Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times

Advertisements

We cook our shrimp in butter, worcestire, and garlic. Add parsley if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 12:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Goolge ;Paul prudhomme; then look at the receipes link on his seasoning site. Better yet get one of his cook books;especailly the one that has shrimp dianna. There is one called shrimp;crab cream sauce over pasta that sounds good. on the site.Haven't made it but his receipes are delicious but fairly complex at times.This one is easy.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,947,779 times
OMG...thank you all for the idea... the one that really grabbed me so far is the one below! But thank you all... I'm gonna have my wife look at this thread and see what sounds best to her.

Rath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Get about 1 1/4 lb of the jumbo shrimp, uncooked, peeled but with the tail on. Get out your best saute pan and add olive oil on very low flame - throw in a large clove of garlic, sliced wafer-thin....slowly cook until they turn golden and remove. Add 1 medium shallot, finely chopped and crumbled red pepper flakes to taste, and saute for a few minutes until soft.

Now turn the heat to medium, and add the shrimp in two batches. Cook one side of the shrimp until the tail starts to turn color, then flip them over and cook for 1 minute longer - not a moment more or they will end up rubbery. Remove them into a separate dish and cook the other batch the same way. Toss the first batch back into the pan, add cooked pasta (spaghetti, linguine, even fettucini or rotini will work), season with salt and black pepper, toss in some chopped fresh campari tomatoes and minced flat-leaf parsley. I also like to add some butter here, for richness.

Now here's where you can mix it up - if you prefer this lemony, then toss some lemon wedges on your plate and squeeze/if you like grated parmesan or romano over your shrimp (some say that it is a sin to pair cheese with shellfish - I beg to differ) then skip the lemon and sprinkle on the freshly grated cheese.

Serve immediately when this is all done - and if you want to, you can make the presentation fancy by sprinkling on additional minced parsley and the garlic "chips" you fried at the beginning of the dish.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:20 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,732,276 times
Here's a simple & delicious crab recipe:

Ingredients:
* 2 fresh crabs (for 2 people, add more crabs if you please). Clean & quarter each crab. I usually include the big shell in the cooking process to add extra flavor to the sauce.
* 2 big tomatoes, chopped
* 3-4 fresh garlic, chopped
* Salt & pepper to taste
* 1 TBS cooking oil

Methods:
* Heat oil in deep frying pan on medium-high heat, then saute the garlic until fragrant
* Add tomatoes into the pan, stir fry for 2-3 minutes
* Add crabs into the pan, stir to make sure they're covered with the sauce evenly. Sprinkle salt & pepper into the pan, then cover the pan, lower the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until crabs are completely cooked.
* Once it's cooked, stir the pan one more time to make sure the juice from the crabs and tomatoes are mixed together nicely. Then serve & enjoy!!

Old 06-07-2008, 09:56 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quick,Easy and Very Tasty

You will need a 13X9 cake pan lined with foil
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Butter

Pre-Heat Oven to 500°

Peel and de-vein Fresh Shrimp leave tails on,butterfly about ½ way through
lay flat on pan,brush with butter and sprinkle garlic powder and paprika
add water to the bottom of the pan so it just barely covers the bottom.

Pop it in the oven, the cooking time will depend on the size of your shrimp
they should look white & pink without any gray.

Warm up some better in a dunking bowl and sprinkle a dash of garlic
powder if you wish.

I like doing it this way because most seafood has water in the meat
so with the extra hot oven and some water in the bottom of the pan
the meat will not squirt,taste like water and will be cooked through.

And cleaning up is a breeze !

This will also work for Lobster* & King Crab Legs**

*Lobster that is split, butterfly'd and laid on top of the shell
** King Crab Legs must be split in ½ down the center, Unless you have
a band saw have your seafood deli do this for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink