Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:06 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,524,928 times

Advertisements

Ya know, my mom has a Corning Percolater they got for a wedding present that she still uses.

They were married in 1955. Amazing, but it still works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 08:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,918,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Ya know, my mom has a Corning Percolater they got for a wedding present that she still uses.

They were married in 1955. Amazing, but it still works.
Chaka, forgive me for staring. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is that your dh made. I'm probably going to feel really stupid (not a new sensation for me, so no worries there) but WTH is that??????

Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Chaka, forgive me for staring. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is that your dh made. I'm probably going to feel really stupid (not a new sensation for me, so no worries there) but WTH is that??????

Hah! It's a holder for the coffee. The Nespresso machine BN was referring to takes capsules. Nespresso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We were always fussing with the boxes and figuring out how to store them. When we were in Switzerland on one trip we saw this cool wall hanging/capsule holder we almost bought but was like US$100 and we said no way.

So we came home and Mr Chaka put his jigsaw to work and made this (the above picture isn't the same, obviously, I can't find an official photo of the one he copied... It holds the coffee capsules, and doubles as wall art.

We keep it organized (each color is a different coffee), but whenever we have parties it's become the thing now for our guests to mix them all up

Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Oh.......I have a stainless steel container I keep my beans in......I thought I was pretty trick, but there is always someone that puts me to shame, even over the internets.

Your dh did a nice job making it "artsy."

Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,979,664 times
This is the puppy sitting on my counter. Works like a charm every time!

Lamborghini coffee maker: an expensive way to rev yourself up | Crave, the gadget blog - CNET

Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
This is the puppy sitting on my counter. Works like a charm every time!

Lamborghini coffee maker: an expensive way to rev yourself up | Crave, the gadget blog - CNET
That looks like exercise equipment! I wanna cup, I just don't want to break into a sweat.

Looks cool, though!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Oh.......I have a stainless steel container I keep my beans in......I thought I was pretty trick, but there is always someone that puts me to shame, even over the internets.

Your dh did a nice job making it "artsy."

Thanks He was very proud of it. It was his first time using his new jigsaw.

[As an aside, the environmentalist in me isn't too thrilled about this use of capsules...although he has saved a bunch to make some art - still working on a mobile over the crib for the next kid; but the man loves his coffee so much, I can' t deny him]

Old 06-17-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks He was very proud of it. It was his first time using his new jigsaw.

[As an aside, the environmentalist in me isn't too thrilled about this use of capsules...although he has saved a bunch to make some art - still working on a mobile over the crib for the next kid; but the man loves his coffee so much, I can' t deny him]
Ah, live a little, Chaka!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Ah, live a little, Chaka!
Oh I love my coffee too! I had to give up caffeine for about 18 months while breastfeeding (around then I said to heck with it and went to one shot a day). So I had to live only on the decaf version. I am so happy to be having my coffee now too!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Thanks

although he has saved a bunch to make some art - still working on a mobile over the crib for the next kid;
Did you just make an announcement?

Or did we already know and I just missed the official announcement????

That's cause for celebration!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink