Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Now that is a great idea. That would be something I would treasure and my children would surely treasure. What a great imagination! Good for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Put them in a binder and slip the recipes into the plastic protectors. So when he is learning how to cook the recipe it is protected in clear plastic.
you cold decorate the binder with pics of him as a kid in the kitchen or buy a binder with a motif that is appealing to him.
This is what I did. I did it when I was a personal chef, for my own recipes, and one year I made up binders for my kids for Christmas. The advantage to this is that if a recipe gets left out or, for that matter, if you make a new one and they love it, you can simply print it out and slip it into a sheet protector and give it to them - quick and easy update!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:47 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,877 times
I have a collection of cookbooks I love called "The Spirit of Christmas". One of the books has a recipe for a peppermint cheesecake, that I made for Christmas a lot. The page got to be sticky form the crushed peppermint candy so I took a sheet of laminating film and cut it to fit the page. It protects the cookbook from the mess I make while cooking and reading the recipe and is easy to wipe off when I'm done. I have since done this with other cookbooks with recipes that I use over and over again.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:55 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
You can print up on the computer your recipes and photos on a thick 8 x 11 card stock available at Staples including a colored front and back page. They also have a service where they will bind your booklet using the circular wire or plastic binding that you see on notebooks. The service is very cheap.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
So many great ideas... tried to rep as many of you as possible... I still don't know which method I want to try. The "ego" part of me wants to put something semi-professional together, laminated, color pics, etc. I am VERY proficient with programs like Microsoft Word, as well as programs like Dreamweaver (to make HTML pages that may provide more opportunities to create creative page layouts).

Of course... the "realistic" part of me wants to see what the cost will be! lol. It may be that I go with construction paper and a photo album! haha

Thank you again all! I'll be checking back to look for other ideas and recommendations!!

Rath
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink