Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 03:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Stash is my favorite brand as well, and I love lemon ginger. I got hooked on Stash when I tried their organic black/green blend Earl Grey -- fantastic!

Other favorite brands are Twinings, Numi and Good Earth. Sometimes I'll buy tea from a local tea shop, but it's expensive so it's a once-a-year purchase.

I have a boatload of tea accessories, too -- how many tea balls does one household need? LOL

Oh, and I got some free samples of savory teas from Numi -- jury is still out. It's like drinking boullion, but more interesting.

Numi Organic Tea | Savory Tea
I'm at work right now, and drinking Stash Wuyi Oolong Peach tea.
Very nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 03:28 PM

When I'm home, it's a ritual. At work, it's bags.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:48 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
What different kinds of tea do you like? What kind of tea do you usually drink? Do you usually use teabags or do you use loose tea and steep it in a pot or mug?
I like Earl Grey and also Ginger tea. They come in teabags, and I usually steep them in a teapot, which taste better to me, or in a cup if I am in a hurry.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,228,154 times
I love rooibos tea and right now (for the holidays) I've been drinking Red Velvet Chocolate tea made from rooibos - yum!

I also love Earl Grey but mostly drink decaf Earl Grey as caffeine bothers me.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:42 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Tea, Earl Grey, hot. I don't know why I like this, because I pitch an everloving fit when I order sweet tea (The only other kind of tea there is) at a restaurant and I specifically ask for no lemon and they bring it with a big ass wedge of lemon in it.

I do not care for lemon in my tea, but.. I enjoy the taste of Earl Grey if i'm having hot tea, which to me is a very lemon taste.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
i like the plain black bag teas usually use two for a cup..

the green teas,,, only once in a while,,,they kinda taste like the aroma of a pine tree car air freshener

Old 01-03-2014, 08:09 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I use loose tea, from Mariage Freres in Paris. Best tea on earth. Yes, I'm a tea snob.
My favourites are Marco Polo and Opera.

Mariage Frères - The Best Tea in the World | Splash Magazines | Los Angeles

(The tea bags are made from cheesecloth)
I had to look it up. Impressive even though they import from the Orient, per Wiki.

Loose leaf sold in tea bags? Each bag is for one cup? Just wondering. I love that they use cheesecloth.

I was watching a BBC episode in which one person said "I can taste the bag". LOL I think she was talking about American tea.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I drink lots of different teas, but my favorite way to brew is to make it by the pot using loose tea. I never sweeten my tea, but may add cream from time to time.

I like most black teas, orange pekoe, oolong, lapsang souchong (which I believe is a black tea), masala chai, white tea, rooibos (not a true tea), and I like tea both hot and iced.

I do not like green tea, whether hot or iced, because something in it makes me instantly nauseous upon drinking it. It tastes okay, but it doesn't agree with me.

I don't like most herbal infusions...rooibos and peppermint "tea" are the exceptions. I hate chamomile. I love buckwheat tea from Korea.

My fiance is in the Navy and spends quite a bit of time in various parts of Asia...he always brings back tea in various formats...we have compressed tea purchased in vacuum-packed bricks, instant teas from Korea, the aforementioned buckwheat tea, chrysanthemum tea (don't like, it tastes like chamomile and makes me slightly nauseous). We have looooooots of tea.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I had to look it up. Impressive even though they import from the Orient, per Wiki.

Loose leaf sold in tea bags? Each bag is for one cup? Just wondering. I love that they use cheesecloth.

I was watching a BBC episode in which one person said "I can taste the bag". LOL I think she was talking about American tea.
Well yes, they import. They don't grow much tea in France.
If you ever come across it, you MUST try it. It's orgasmic.
I used one bag for two cups when I had the bags.

(You should never squeeze the bags, as it releases tannins which make the tea bitter.)

Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Thanks! They have a great web site! I'm sure their sales will skyrocket based upon your description.

FIVE HUNDRED VARIETIES?? How did you arrive upon a favorite?

And God bless Ketchum ID for being a distributor! LOL Where's Atlanta on that list?? I'm going to try some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink