Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:31 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times

Advertisements

NJ Chutzpah, you already set yourself up as an expert on New York Italian cuisine on this other thread three days ago. Why are you asking here, then, and ignoring all the restaurants/suggestions/links/information people have provided here?

Are you even reading this thread? If you were, it seems you would respond to the suggestions made, rather than simply demanding to be given what you've already been given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 03:35 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
why are you being annoying

just describe what italian is like in italy

or at least tell me a good italian place in NJ

I'm being annoying ?????????

I think your handle's well chosen

If you don't know what Italian is like in Italy it's obvious you're not qualified to be making the 'authenticity' judgements you've been making. And it should be just as obvious when you start calling people annoying they're not likely to invite you to their favorite places.

Last edited by burdell; 08-21-2008 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 06:52 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Quote:
at least tell me a good italian place in NJ
Wait, I thought NYC was in that list of restaurants... isn't that what you said? NJ or NYC??? You changing your criteria? I think I gave you a pretty good list... did you even LOOK at the menu items- the meat dishes alone are nothing like the traditional cookie cutter grub you get from your typical chain...if you have not gathered enough information from the over abundant amount of knowledge being poured into this thread I don't think you will EVER understand.

You do realize this forum isn't big on debate right? Everyone is always really helpful... and I believe everyone who has posted in response to your questions and comments have been genuine and trying to be informative and help you to bunderstand Italian cuisine...even though you have chosen to ignore everyones comments... but what I really believe you are looking for is to start a debate in one of the least combative forums on here... I don't get it.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,693 times
I would but I ain't got no cusine's in Italy

Old 08-23-2008, 01:56 AM

2,398 posts, read 5,407,849 times
I enjoy watching Giada on Food Network... I've made quite a few of her recipes. Unfortunately, all I have in my city is Olive Garden, Johnny Carinos, etc.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:14 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
I'm of Italian heritage and I live in Los Angeles. Finding a good Italian restaurant here is like looking for a needle in a haystack.lol

I usually make it myself or go to mom's.:-)

Old 08-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I'm of Italian heritage and I live in Los Angeles. Finding a good Italian restaurant here is like looking for a needle in a haystack.lol

My hubby is like that... he goes to some random restaurant and wants to order the pasta... I always remind him how critical he is of any tom dick or harry's pasta... he orders it anyway... and comes out refusing to get it again LOL I guess nothing can compare to his family's recipes... but then again... I don't even attempt to try the pasta sauce with him (I am Irish- PREGO is my friend)

Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

Sounds positively un-American for a metro area that large not to have good Italian reataurants

Old 08-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sounds positively un-American for a metro area that large not to have good Italian reataurants
You would think LA would have an amazing "Authentic" Italian Restaurant on every block... Cookie Cutter Italian doesn't fly in our house... we have our favorite places (well, my hubby does LOL) and we go there...

Old 08-23-2008, 09:39 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
You would think LA would have an amazing "Authentic" Italian Restaurant on every block... Cookie Cutter Italian doesn't fly in our house... we have our favorite places (well, my hubby does LOL) and we go there...
Well its all true just the same. Most Italian restaurants here are not even Italian owned to begin with.:-( Its amazing for instance that Omaha Nebraska has a Little Italy but Los Angeles does not.lol

San Francisco does have very good Italian food and also a Little Italy that they call Northbeach.:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink