Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:04 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times

Advertisements

Ok I having a Supfast moment.
That is the meal between supper and breakfast.
Why has krispy kreme tank in sales..
I heard it was due to health craze of the nation trying to avoid carbs but Dunkin Doughnut is now popping up everywhere.
Are Dunkin Doughnuts shipped in Daily how do they serve fresh doughnuts or is full of preservatives to make it taste ok?
Some like their coffee but I always have to get a new toungue after the first sip.

I use to go to http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x14/sorelooza/krispykreme2.jpg (broken link)

and watch my doughnut be made and roll off the rack.
HOT doughnuts are the best except when the icing starts cooling off on your finger tips.

Is it the grocery store marketing that destroy buisness. I know I dont want to have to wait in line for my doughnut at grocery store.

Have you ever done anything with a doughnut? I like dunking mine in milk and getting made that I left part of it in there too long and it drops off and sinks to the bottom.

Do you order different flavors or fillings or feal cheap because you only buy doughnut holes or think you will get less calories if you buy it that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 02:44 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,935,062 times
You're mean. Ours closed a year ago, now we have to drive across the valley to get some. It's 145am and their closed. You're mean!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:15 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times
I so ditto that brikag!!! It is 3:14 and can not get a Krispy Kreme finger licking, lip smacking, donut.... Just plain mean...... love my Krispy Kreme donuts!!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
They truck them in down here.

Sunny, I read your post, and I sense a bit of desparation there. Will you be alright or should we send in the Krispy Kreme Withdrawal Team??

You asked if we do anything with our donuts. We used to have a little donut shop that made cake-type donuts. I'd take the plain ones and put them in the oven for a bit. They'd get crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside. Yum-my!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,004 times
Oh my.....I have to stay far away!! I'm a Krispy Kreme monster!! I can never stop with just one. We have 3 in Orlando. I try to look the other way when I'm passing them! There's just nothing like some hot Krispy Kreme's and a big glass of milk!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:08 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,868 times
I love Krispy Kreme. They used to be only in the south, my grandmother used to work for them (did you know they're made with potatoes?)
Oh we were so happy to see them up here in the north.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
While I like Krispy Cremes I also have an affectionate relationship with Dunkin Donuts. It's the Apple Cinnamon they they have that's gets me going. 2-3 times a year I make a stop for a 6 pack. Usually none make it home. That's why only 2-3 times a year. Krispy Cremes are sold in my parts at the convenience store where I buy fuel & aren't as fresh as either the Dunkin's or the ones from our local Publix bakeries. I think at the moment there is a stop planned tomorrow for Dunkin Donuts on the way to Orlando. Let's hope I don't make a stop at both places.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:45 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,003,495 times
I may get flamed here but I can't stand Krispy Kreme donuts. Now I'll admit that I've never had them fresh, just the ones shipped into the gas stations around here.

I used to work for a Super America (gas station) here in MN and we had our own bakery (SuperMom's) that is based in Minneapolis and we would get our fresh made donuts delivered daily. Those were the best. I used to stay up late just to go buy a half dozen or so as they came into the store. Of course our donuts were bigger and a little cheaper than Krispy Kreme's so to me it was a no brainer to get more calories for my buck!

Old 08-23-2008, 11:53 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
I used to live only a half mile from a Krispy Kreme and never even went in there. I'm not much of a doughnut lover.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:26 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,569,432 times
You just had to mention the "K" word didn't you SunnyKayak? Now I must have some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink