Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 08:24 PM

431 posts, read 1,202,496 times

Advertisements

We don't have a fun page here, I think we should. Tell us a food joke or anything funny happened to you. Food related only.

Monday
Now home from honeymoon and settled in our new home. It's fun to cook for Tim. Today I made an angel food cake and the recipe said, "beat 12 eggs separately." Well, I didn't have enough bowls to do that, so I had to borrow 12 bowls to beat the eggs in. The cake turned out fine though.

Tuesday
We wanted a fruit salad for supper. The recipe said, "serve without dressing." So I didn't dress. But Tim happened to bring a friend home for supper that night. They both looked so startled when I served them, I think it was the salad.

Wednesday
I decided to serve rice and found a recipe which said, "wash thoroughly before steaming the rice." So I heated some water and took a bath before steaming the rice. Sounded kinda silly in the middle of the day. I can't say it improved the rice anyhow.

Thursday
Today Tim asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said, prepare ingredients, then toss on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving." I hunted all over the place for a garden and when I got one, I tossed my salad into the bed of lettuce and stood over there for over one hour so the dog would not take it. Tim came over and asked if I felt all right. I wonder why? He must be stressed at work, I'll try to be supportive.

Friday
Today I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said, "put all ingredients in a bowl and beat it." Beat it I did,to my mum's place. There must have been something wrong with the recipe, because when I came back home again, it looked the same as when I left it.

Saturday
Tim went shopping today and brought home a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. I'm sure I don't know how hens dress for Sunday. I never noticed back on the farm, but I found an old doll dress and it's little cute shoes. I thought the hen looked really cute. When Tim saw it, he started counting to ten. Either he was really stressed because of his work,or he wanted the chicken to dance. When I asked him what was wrong he started crying and shouting out "why me? why me ?" Hmmm....It must be his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
cute--

Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM

232 posts, read 845,905 times
Hehe, I have one.

I have mentioned in other posts that my family does not really speak Spanish even tho we have a hispanic background....

When my littlest sister Linda was a teenager, she went to visit a friend that has a ranch in Mexico. While there she wanted a familiar taste so she asked her friend for a tortilla with butter on it.

As she is sitting there muching away, the next youngest, Vanessa, comes in.
She asks Linda what she is eating. "Tortilla with butter", Linda mumbles. "But I gotta say, stuff tastes really wierd here in Mexico. Maybe it's the water."

Vanessa asks to see Linda's tortilla and decides it smells funny. "Linda, did you try to ask in spanish?"
"Yes"
"What exactly did you ask for?"
"A tortilla con manteca" Linda replies.

Vanessa rolls her eyes. "Yea, um, it tastes funny 'cause you just asked for a tortilla with LARD!"

We tease her to this day.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 PM

Hahaha,

I once requested from a supermarket a "Kaqucumber"... and no one ever heard of such thing. For years I had the hardest time to pronounce this word, but I knew there was a "Q" in there

So much headache for a simple cucumber.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I finally bit on this thread. For now I still laughing. All I can say I'm glad I waited until the back spasm meds kicked in or it would have hurt... Maybe I can dig up something tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:30 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
I have a Red Hat Society Cookbook courtsey of my MIL who is a Red Hatter. It has some cute stories and some cute sayings.

"Avoid fruit and nuts. You are what you eat eat." Jim Davis

Old 09-09-2008, 12:17 AM

I have to make a Sugar Paste Center for the celebration cake for 100 anniversary of a water canal.
The theme is of course... a water canal... so I asked the lady:
- You want the water clear or murky with gold nuggets floating?

When she got the idea she laugh so hard... she said yes, but then she changed her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink