Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM

625 posts, read 1,583,484 times

Advertisements

Smokymtngal gave a good link for squirrel cooking. I love the little rascals myself. I don't know why more people don't use them. No bugs added and low fat and cheap...whats a .22 shell cost? or a rock. Poor mans fried chicken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:31 PM

625 posts, read 1,583,484 times
Wink Keep an eye on our fellow meateaters

I won't be back til tomorrow evening so all of you meateaters need to keep an eye out for any friends in trouble...namely Capt. Caveman. I saw he is up in the vegan lands fighting the veggiewars again. We can't afford to lose him...he has access to lotsa beef

Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,498,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Just to lower the tone even further, meat eaters should need no reminding how eating too much veggie matter can create a little methane

All that living meat out there is producing plenty of its own - those burps and farts are adding even more methane to the atmosphere than energy does, increasing the greenhouse effect...my son told me all about it.[/i]
I KNEW it! That's why those vegganites like to eat on the patio when they gather!!

I'm telling Al Gore the REAL reason for global warming is all those vegetarianists passing methane left and right. I can see the slogans now,
Fight global warming, eat a cow!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
bjh

59,952 posts, read 30,279,930 times
In regard to B vitamins, someone brought up b12 claiming it comes from dirt. Don't know 'bout that, sounds like an urban myth on par with deliberate earthworm use in burgers. Anyway, there are several B vitamins. Our best source for them is animals. Here is a nifty link with a list of the B vitamins.

Vitamins and Meat - Explore Vitamins (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
And crayfish are pretty closely related to cockroaches, and lobsters to crayfish, so I'm not sure what the problem is there.....
That's why I call crustaceans "sea bugs." Tasty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
And for the record I've had many a doggy bag breakfast because for a couple of dollars more I bought the larger steak with breakfast in mind.
I once ordered steak and spaghetti for breakfast at a restaurant. The young waitress was surprised. Sure was a good breakfast.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,400,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I once ordered steak and spaghetti for breakfast at a restaurant. The young waitress was surprised. Sure was a good breakfast.
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one who likes dinner meat for breakfast. I really like fried chicken or hamburgers the best but can lower my standards for steak sometimes. A crispy cubed steak sandwich is a really great compromise for early morning protein as long as I've a sweet onion and a tomato to go along with it. For dinner sausage with grits and tomato gravy will be most comforting. I gotta hush before I got raid the fridge and may lose out on breakfast.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM
bjh

59,952 posts, read 30,279,930 times
The funny thing is, like lots of people I like breakfast for dinner. Mornings can be such a rush, at dinner you have more time to make everything you want. May be the same reasons weekend brunches are so pleasant. Plenty of time to stir up everything your family wants.

Here is a link, about veg nutritional problems. It is only an abstract of an article and only about teen age girls, but this jumped out at me, "only 17% of the vegetarians was able to reach the recommended allowance for protein."

Elsevier Article Locator

Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,045,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one who likes dinner meat for breakfast. I really like fried chicken or hamburgers the best but can lower my standards for steak sometimes. A crispy cubed steak sandwich is a really great compromise for early morning protein as long as I've a sweet onion and a tomato to go along with it. For dinner sausage with grits and tomato gravy will be most comforting. I gotta hush before I got raid the fridge and may lose out on breakfast.
I'll have eggs for breakfast - plus all the stuff he's having, please .....

Are eggs vegetarian?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
I'll have eggs for breakfast - plus all the stuff he's having, please .....

Are eggs vegetarian?
Now how in the Sam Hill am I supposed to work when I'm ROFL

Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 AM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
I'm fishing again Friday. Anyone need some fresh Yellowfin Tuna or Dorado? We've been knockem em out this year.

I have a ham steak and beef ribs for breakfast this morning. Going to go work out first to ensure I can eat 10 lbs worth

Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm fishing again Friday. Anyone need some fresh Yellowfin Tuna or Dorado? We've been knockem em out this year.

I have a ham steak and beef ribs for breakfast this morning. Going to go work out first to ensure I can eat 10 lbs worth
I've never had either but am game to try especially if Capt Cave Man would do the honors and smoke some of it on it's way to FL..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink