Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 AM

83 posts, read 357,315 times

Advertisements

White chicken feather in a can of vegtable soup, not Campbells, a store brand called Red Owl

A big green fly in an egg-roll in a fast food place in LaMirada, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,187 times
i ordered one of those mcrib sandwiches from mcdonalds a few years ago and when i got home and opened it up there was a tail sticking out
long story short it was the best sandwich i ever tasted

Old 03-06-2007, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,045 times
Default foreign matter in breyers ice cream, anyone work in ice cream plant?

Has anyone ever found a foreign item in ice cream. There was a piece of broken ceramic in Breyers ice cream. I broke my teeth on it. The company claims it is a closed system and nothing can get in. I don't believe them. How do they get nuts, candy pieces and large enhancements in the product.
Has anyone been in an ice cream plant that can tell me if things can fall in.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:58 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee7 View Post
Has anyone ever found a foreign item in ice cream.
The very first thing that was posted in this thread was about me finding a shiny penny in my gallon of ice cream.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times
This never happened to me but a friend when i was in grade school, he was eating a payday candy bar ate about 1/4 of it then looked at it and it had little worms all in the peanuts.

nasty nasty nasty

Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 AM

2 posts, read 12,049 times
Cool found tooth in hamburger meat

I was eating some salsbury steak that I prepared with some of the pre-pressed hamburgers from HEB grocery store in Waco TX. Well I bit down and cracked my tooth on someones else's human tooth. I contacted HEB and they offered me a refund. Yeah a lawsuit is pending and I kept the tooth in the freezer even though HEB wanted it. The most terrible thing about this story is not the tooth in the meat but the tooth belonged to a 12-15 year old child according to my dentist...

Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 AM

2 posts, read 12,049 times
Check out the movie fast food nation. Talk about opening up your eyes!!!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
When I was single and living in Portland, Oregon I was out with some friends and a girl I really wanted to impress. I ordered a french dip sandwich at a Shari's restaurant. After I bit into my sandwich my mouth began bleeding. There was a piece of glass in my sandwich. I think my pride was bruised more than my tongue. Although I did end up in emergency and the tech could not believe he was actually doing an x-ray of someone's tongue. Got a reasonable settlement out of the ordeal and the girl too. So all's well that ends well...and I never ate there again!!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,563 times
Default bite the glove that feeds

so today at lunch i went to mcdonald's in washington dc with my co-workers. i debated eating something light vs a burger while standing in line and finally decided on the asian chicken salad. about half way through my meal i noticed something clearish white under the salad. at first i thought it was just some wax paper or something lining the bowl. to my surprise it was a used disposable glove.

when i went to complain nobody there could speak more than 3 words of english and finally gave me a phone number to call. when i called they offered me coupons for more food. needless to say my days of mcdonald's are permanently through.

not to mention the idea of eating anything else today!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbusthegreat View Post
so today at lunch i went to mcdonald's in washington dc with my co-workers. i debated eating something light vs a burger while standing in line and finally decided on the asian chicken salad. about half way through my meal i noticed something clearish white under the salad. at first i thought it was just some wax paper or something lining the bowl. to my surprise it was a used disposable glove.

when i went to complain nobody there could speak more than 3 words of english and finally gave me a phone number to call. when i called they offered me coupons for more food. needless to say my days of mcdonald's are permanently through.

not to mention the idea of eating anything else today!
Whether it's worth it or not, you might alert the news media on a story like that. If it's a slow news day they sure could rattle some cages!! If you have witnesses, all the better. I don't do Mickey D's as a rule anyway, but gives me good reason to steer clear. From the posts it seems like fast food in general is more dangerous for our health than we realized!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink