Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
since most people give out candy, I'll probably give out stuff like wrapped crackers, small bag of chips, bag of peanuts, cheetos, bluberry breakfast biscuits.
We live in a semi rural area with lots of vacant land so most of the kids do not go door to door. They trick or treat at the malls and the church parking lots. There are a lot of churches including ours that do Thunk or treat. People will go to the church and pass out candy from the car. Some of the churches have entertainment as well. Ours does. I miss seeing the kids, but do think the Trunk or treat idea is a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:51 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Whatever candy I haven't already eaten.
I call those "practice" bags of candy.

My granddaughter was with me when I purchased the trick-or-treat candy and she nixed all my choices (Mounds Bars, Snickers, Milky Way) saying "kids don't like those." She chose:
Nerds
Kit-Kats
Starburst Fruit Chews
Fun Dip
(like the old Lik-m-Aid, but you apparently dip a fruit chew thing into fruity powder)

I would have bought M&M's too but all they had were peanut and the voice of authority told me kids hate them too.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:20 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,063 times
I bought lots of fruit snacks (in Disney shapes), Goldfish, and Fun Dip.

Each kid gets to pick from fruit snacks or Goldfish and gets a Fun Dip (provided my husband hasn't figured out where I hid the bag).

Old 10-29-2014, 12:37 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
I am literally LOL'ing at some of these responses!!! There's a thread where someone asked about giving out non-candy. So many people got twisted about their kids not getting a piece of candy. My daughter comes home with over 2 pounds of candy. A piece of non-candy isn't going to make her swear off Halloween or get all pouty LOL

I'm debating on buying anything because in the past 6 years since we've lived in our house, I think we got trick-or-treaters 3 times, which means we're stuck with a basket of candy. I try to get stuff we don't like to eat, such as gummy body parts but I have to admit, they're tasty.

Murphy's Law--if I don't buy, they will come in droves. If I do buy, I won't see a single kid.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
I call those "practice" bags of candy.

My granddaughter was with me when I purchased the trick-or-treat candy and she nixed all my choices (Mounds Bars, Snickers, Milky Way) saying "kids don't like those." She chose:
Nerds
Kit-Kats
Starburst Fruit Chews
Fun Dip (like the old Lik-m-Aid, but you apparently dip a fruit chew thing into fruity powder)

I would have bought M&M's too but all they had were peanut and the voice of authority told me kids hate them too.
One year when my daughter went trick-or-treating, the very first house we went to was a young woman who was on her way out and she wasn't going to be home for the trick-or-treaters so she gave my daughter her entire bag of Kit Kats. I thought my daughter was going to pass out, as those are her favorites (next to Reese's Peanutbutter Cups). She turned to me and said, "We can go home now". We literally went to maybe a dozen homes (not all answered) and she wanted to stop. She had all she needed lol

I don't know any kids, including my daughter, who like Peanut M&M's. Your granddaughter is a smart girl

Old 10-29-2014, 01:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
One year when my daughter went trick-or-treating, the very first house we went to was a young woman who was on her way out and she wasn't going to be home for the trick-or-treaters so she gave my daughter her entire bag of Kit Kats. I thought my daughter was going to pass out, as those are her favorites (next to Reese's Peanutbutter Cups). She turned to me and said, "We can go home now". We literally went to maybe a dozen homes (not all answered) and she wanted to stop. She had all she needed lol

I don't know any kids, including my daughter, who like Peanut M&M's. Your granddaughter is a smart girl
Peanut M&Ms are my favorite. You can send any your kids don't want to me!

Old 10-29-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Peanut M&Ms are my favorite. You can send any your kids don't want to me!

I didn't say that I don't like them! LOL

Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i'll do what I usually do

put on my "vote democrat" pin and pass out candy cigarettes

You made me LOL

We live on the outskirts of town and have no ghouls or goblins grace our door so we won't be giving anything again this year.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:48 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
I bought Kit Kat bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because I had coupons for them. I get tons of kids at my house.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:00 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I bought two bags of assorted mini candy bars--things we don't really like so we won't eat them. They're out in the car so we won't eat them. Every time we go out in the car, we eat them.
Too funny. I bought lifesaver gummie candies cause I don't really eat those things. I ate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink