U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM

11,878 posts, read 35,051,505 times

Advertisements

Does anybody else have one of these? If so, please share some insight as to the best recipes and such.

I just bought one today because a coworker was raving about how easy it is to use. I have to say after unpacking the device it looks amazingly simple and easy to use.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, see the link below.

How Magic Bullet Blender Works

And no, I don't work for the company...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,217,472 times
I HAD one. Had being the operative word. It cannot do heavy blending. After 2 months of lots of use, mine started smoking and went kaput. I bought a regular blender and haven't looked back.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Status: "We no longer live in a free country." (set 10 days ago)

10,403 posts, read 23,695,102 times
I bought a knockoff brand of the Magic bullet. Works fine. Paid $25.
I find I still revert to the big blender for many things. But when i need to make some salad dressing really fast, i pop in the small blender and it's done in less than a minute.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 PM

3,724 posts, read 8,713,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I HAD one. Had being the operative word. It cannot do heavy blending. After 2 months of lots of use, mine started smoking and went kaput. I bought a regular blender and haven't looked back.
I have one, and it works fine. The only thing I've had to do is replace the gaskets - cheap and easy to get on ebay.

I've had a lot of different blenders and kitchen machines over the years, and the GE version of a Kitchenaid was the best - had every possible attachment and accessory, but it took up way too much room, storing all those bits and parts. I used to have an old Waring blender that I used to grind corn [not a really good idea] for about a year before one of the blades broke. I like the Magic Bullet best of all now - but I also have a real grain mill and coffee grinders now.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:13 AM

11,878 posts, read 35,051,505 times
I hope to use mine for small stuff; salad dressing, chicken salad, hummus, and stuff like that. I have a regular blender bud I like the fact that the magic bullet can chop onions and stuff like that. It also appears to be easy to clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink