Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,621,180 times

Advertisements

Call me crazy but after stuffing my face since Wednesday in celebration of Thanksgiving, I'm burnt out! My family keeps talking about food and I'm like "no more food, please!!!" I started my elliptical workouts again this morning, had a very light breakfast afterwards and am finally just now starting to not feel that "full" feeling you have after such big meals.

I mean, don't get me wrong, all of the food is so good, and even leftovers are good to but can we please stop eating? LOL

Anyone else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 08:02 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,201,228 times
Me, me, me. We were with family in Ohio for all of last week. It was freezing cold out, got dark at 4pm and there was nothing to do but eat. Everytime I turned around someone was shoving a plate of food at me saying you are so thin. (I have lost like 25 pounds since leaving OH and mean to keep it that way) I need to start working out again. I feel like a planet.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:05 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,621,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Me, me, me. We were with family in Ohio for all of last week. It was freezing cold out, got dark at 4pm and there was nothing to do but eat. Everytime I turned around someone was shoving a plate of food at me saying you are so thin. (I have lost like 25 pounds since leaving OH and mean to keep it that way) I need to start working out again. I feel like a planet.

I feel like the entire galaxy LOL I definitely know what you mean. I'm so done eating like that until next Thanksgiving.. even our Christmas dinner will not be as heavy as Thanksgiving.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:11 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,201,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I feel like the entire galaxy LOL I definitely know what you mean. I'm so done eating like that until next Thanksgiving.. even our Christmas dinner will not be as heavy as Thanksgiving.
Our christmas dinner isn't going to be really huge either. No one is coming down so its just my husband and the kids so we will just make enough not cook for an army. That is our plan anyway. Hopefully we can stick to it.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM

973 posts, read 3,298,795 times
Who? Me? Sick of noshing on turkey, mashed potatos and turkey flavored glue paste (aka...gravy)?????

Blyeck!!!!

I have to watch my calorie intake very carefully to avoid extra weight and I normally eat very small portions, several times a day. Both my parents are big folks and my fat genes are dying to form a revolt and take over. Carbs have this tendancy to leap onto my @ss and set up residence. Then the traitorous little weasels invite their friends over.

The holidays are so hard because you want to enjoy the goodies but know that if you do, you will pay for it. With non-existant metabolism and chubby DNA, eating can be a challenge for me. I LIKE sugar, salt, creamy and crunchy stuff but pack the pounds on at warp speed if I don't stick to salads and fruit.

Although I like goodies once in a while, I get tired of them pretty quick. The holiday season is one big binge-fest and if I partake, I always feel like a bloated, out-of-shape puffalump. I always start to feel better after I return to a more reserved menu selection and burn off some excess calories.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,808,267 times
Not really because I made sure I didn't overeat-extremely small portion of stuffing, turkey,gravy and veggies-no potatoes, rolls. I'm not baking cookies this year-gave everything away!

Christmas dinner will probably be lasagne ad salad if it's just the two of us.

Believe me the reason I didn't wasn't altruistic-our son's getting married Mar. 28th and I want to look the best I can.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM

5,503 posts, read 6,232,780 times
Actually no! We did not have any leftover turkey and I only had one slice on Thanksgiving day. My metabolism is such that I have a terrible time trying to gain weight, it is so frustrating. I have to eat several small meals a day just to maintain my weight of 100 lbs. So I am going out to buy a turkey today to have a small meal with my husband and I. Not sure yet about Christmas dinner, something Italian and some other type of meat.
During the week before Christmas we will be helping to serve dinners at our local soup kitchen.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,248,757 times
And you are doing a great job getting there with your weight lacey!! You go girl!!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,808,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Actually no! We did not have any leftover turkey and I only had one slice on Thanksgiving day. My metabolism is such that I have a terrible time trying to gain weight, it is so frustrating. I have to eat several small meals a day just to maintain my weight of 100 lbs. So I am going out to buy a turkey today to have a small meal with my husband and I. Not sure yet about Christmas dinner, something Italian and some other type of meat.
During the week before Christmas we will be helping to serve dinners at our local soup kitchen.
Kelsie-I would give anything to have that problem!!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:00 AM

5,503 posts, read 6,232,780 times
Lacey, when we lived up North I was in the supermarket (SR) and an acquaintance walked up to me and asked, "do you have cancer?" No one would ever say something so hurtful to someone who is trying so hard to lose weight, but feel it appropriate to say, "why are you so skinny, don't you eat?" Or, "what are you a size 2 what drugs are you on?" Coming home from Key West this past Oct. my airbag light would not go on, after eating a hamburger in BK () now you know I had to hungry, the light went on. My h burst out laughing, after checking the book, we found out that the light will not go on if the seat thinks a child under a certain weight won't go on.
I just had the results of all my tests last Wed., and the conclusion is a very active metabolism where I am starving every couple of hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink