Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 09:37 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,760,890 times

Advertisements

Cold pizza? I know that lots of people have eaten it but the idea just sounds gross. Kind of like eating cold soup from the refrigerator, you just don't do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 09:41 PM

13,011 posts, read 12,955,020 times
No. Never. Frozen pizza is the epitome of junk food.

Take 10 minutes and cook something healthier that tastes better.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

Junk food, no one is doubting that, but there are times when eating junk food isn't going to hurt any of us and there are reasons for heat, eat and toss. Actually if one is to add a few ingredients to the frozen pizza it can become a little better than junk food, with no mess to clean up. Are you saying you never ever eat junk food?

Old 10-22-2018, 06:00 AM

18,925 posts, read 43,225,958 times
Quote:

I’d like to know what you can cook in only ten minutes that tastes better than pizza.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:16 AM

26,882 posts, read 13,100,832 times
Quote:

Even the Italians eat ready made supermarket pizza, the best seller in Italy is Dr Oetker's Ristorante range, which is made by in Lancashire in Northern England. As one journalist wrote "I can see the attraction. Even if the consecration of a Lancashire-made German pizza in Italy marks, I fear, the End of Days".

Mamma Mia! Most popular pizza in Italy is actually manufactured in Lancashire... by a German company - Daily Mail

Made in Lancashire, the German pizza that's devouring Italy | The Independent

Dr Oetker Ristorante – Italy's 'Best loved pizza' - Talking Retail

Dr. Oetker Pizza Ristorante | Always more to discover..

Old 10-24-2018, 02:21 PM

17,919 posts, read 24,174,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Even the Italians eat ready made supermarket pizza, the best seller in Italy is Dr Oetker's Ristorante range, which is made by in Lancashire in Northern England. As one journalist wrote "I can see the attraction. Even if the consecration of a Lancashire-made German pizza in Italy marks, I fear, the End of Days".

Mamma Mia! Most popular pizza in Italy is actually manufactured in Lancashire... by a German company - Daily Mail

Made in Lancashire, the German pizza that's devouring Italy | The Independent

Dr Oetker Ristorante – Italy's 'Best loved pizza' - Talking Retail

Dr. Oetker Pizza Ristorante | Always more to discover..

This is brilliant. Now whenever I hear an insufferable Italian food snob complain about... anything food related, I can say, "Well, I agree. It is no Dr. Oetker's."

Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

[/url]

Not the "best seller" in Italy, just the best selling frozen pizza.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:05 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,646,647 times
Quote:

Finger wagger comes on a thread where people are talking pizza and tells us not to eat pizza.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:08 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,646,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I love the Home Run Inn frozen pizzas. I don’t know if it’s exactly the same ones they serve in their restaurants or not, but they are good.
They’re in the ballpark. I started eating Home Run Inn about 60 years ago, my Dad went over there for pizzas when it was just a neighborhood joint.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:51 PM

15,945 posts, read 20,906,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Not the "best seller" in Italy, just the best selling frozen pizza.
And here I thought Dr Oetker pizza was a little know gem that I had discovered at my grocery store!
I've recently been on a kick with Kroger's Private Selection specialty pizzas. I feel called to try pizzas that use mustard, marmalade, truffle oil, lardons, arugula or other unusual ingredients in a frozen pizza. My daughter finds the very idea disgusting, but I quite enjoy some of them, especially the Cuban pizza!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink