U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 10:28 PM

79,017 posts, read 73,032,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I don't get to eat pizza very often. When I do I enjoy the frozen Red Baron 4 cheese single pizza. I was surprised how good it is, and it's the right size for me small. 2 little pizzas in the box $3.78 at Walmart. I have 1 of the little pizzas with a side of mixed vegetables, and I have a nice meal.
Yup, one of my regulars on the R&S form turned me on to the frozen Red Baron pizzas. Great for a single person.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:57 AM

20,112 posts, read 5,980,693 times
I make and bake two. One for dinner, one for the freezer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 06:33 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,689,846 times
We only buy the Freschetta thin crust pizzas. We nearly always add extra cheese, onions and tomatoes, maybe extra pepperoni or sausage and a drizzle of olive oil. Then we cook it in the gas oven for 10 minutes before turning the broiler on and watching it for another 2 or so minutes. The plus is that the top is bubbly while the crust isn't overdone. I saw this on a video and it really works great.

Old 11-22-2021, 03:21 AM

6 posts, read 3,454 times
Absolutely disgusting
Always order good old domino’s instead frozen pizza

Old 11-22-2021, 06:18 AM

24,714 posts, read 42,479,821 times
The only good one I've had recently is the Daiya Fire Roasted Vegetable.

Old 11-22-2021, 06:56 AM

10,664 posts, read 7,325,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
We always have a purchased pizza in the freezer for those days (usually weekend lunches) when the weather is bad or we just don't feel like putting something together. We don't eat them frequently and are aware that they aren't health food, but sometimes they hit the spot.
Pretty much this, in our house too. We usually keep one Red Barron Stone hearth (?) pizza, and right now I also have one with Eggplant and a few veggies. We'll add Prosciutto and maybe some Pecorino Romano to make it better.

Good for "emergencies"

We also sometimes will order a Pizza to go when dining out at our favorite Italian places. We divide and wrap them, and call it our "breakfast pizza". Just reheated slices in the Toaster Over, they come out really good, and are better to start the day than your average McMuffin.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:22 AM

20,490 posts, read 26,151,331 times
We really like Amy's pizza. Pretty tasty and "healthier"

Old 11-25-2021, 08:02 AM

23,114 posts, read 21,102,396 times
There's a really good deep dish Detroit style. Motor City something, maybe Palermos? Just don't overbake it or the crust gets tough at the edges.

Last edited by Icy Tea; 11-25-2021 at 08:18 AM..

Old 11-27-2021, 10:06 AM

7,096 posts, read 6,090,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
There's a really good deep dish Detroit style. Motor City something, maybe Palermos? Just don't overbake it or the crust gets tough at the edges.
Motor City Pizza Company is what your thinking about. Never had it, but it seems to be a company based in the exurbs of Detroit that makes and sells frozen Detroit style pizza through various retail outlets (Costco, Walmart, Kroger, etc).

I live in Detroit, and to me it's always been simply square pizza (as opposed to round), served up fresh by either by Buddy's Pizza or Green Lantern Pizza. I look at some of the variations offered up by restaurants outside of Michigan and I kind of shudder.

Shawn Randazzo of Detroit Style Pizza Company was the one who put Detroit-style pizza on the map. If you want to know how it's supposed to taste, his company ships their pizza frozen and sells them via Goldbelly.com.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:55 PM

252,150 posts, read 86,054,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
We only buy the Freschetta thin crust pizzas. We nearly always add extra cheese, onions and tomatoes, maybe extra pepperoni or sausage and a drizzle of olive oil. Then we cook it in the gas oven for 10 minutes before turning the broiler on and watching it for another 2 or so minutes. The plus is that the top is bubbly while the crust isn't overdone. I saw this on a video and it really works great.

We too get the Freschetta frozen in a pinch with cheese only. The add our own ham and pineapple, shiitake mushrooms, and onion. One we get our chest freezer moved in we will keep a couple on hand for those Pizza emergencies. Sometimes it's not what we eat that's not on the healthy list but rather what we may refuse to eat on the healthy list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink