U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 05:12 AM

16,576 posts, read 8,144,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, this comes from the horse's mouth: https://newmansown.com/product/margh...e-fired-crust/

The picture reminds me of the crust of a pie I had in a local place with a wood-burning oven and said to be Neopolitan style. If the 'stone fired' comes remotely close to that, I'd be very happy.
Haven’t seen this NEW one in our local store yet. Tks for pic.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 08:09 AM

67,149 posts, read 50,077,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Haven’t seen this NEW one in our local store yet. Tks for pic.

I wonder if the pipeline is still ramping up? I looked at the Publix weekly ad online Wed AM and it was on it, I was going there yesterday, looked again and it wasn't but when I got to the store there was a limited supply in the freezer case, will likely try one when I free up some freezer space.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:04 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,012,358 times
Home Run In, Gino's East, or Amy's Organic Margherita.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 PM

We were in our local grocery store this afternoon and I surprised myself by remembering to check on that particular **new** Newman's Own pizza [burdel shared link - pic of the pizza box]. They had maybe 5 or 6 of his but none were the same as that pic. Oh well.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I don't know what "stone fired" crust is even like. Thin? Thick? Is it the same as "stone baked"? There are so many names for crusts these days.

Well, I had one tonight, next to pies I've brought home from a local pizzeria and froze myself, likely the best crust I've had on a frozen pizza. If you look at the pic, the outer rim is somewhat thick but more airy than doughy, very much like Neopolitan style which is usually stretched by hand and not tossed. You can see the crust has already been baked as it has some char on it, the oven time basically defrosts it and melts the cheese. I had the Margherita which is very simple, San Marzano tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, and some whole basil leaves. I rarely if ever add salt to prepared foods but thought it a bit under seasoned so added a little salt and red pepper flakes. The only other style I've seen is Quattro Fromaggi and I will try that soon, probably cook a link or two of Italian sausage to add to it. I'm not saying it's exactly like a good pizzeria pizza but it will likely become my go to freezer stock for when I just don't feel like cooking or going out to grab something. I'm glad to see Mr. Newman's legacy is apparently in good hands.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:02 PM

A plate of the usual rabbit food, and then a small plate of linguini with melted butter and a couple sprinkles of black peppercorn. Ice tea.

Dessert: couple of lemon shortbread cookies.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:36 PM

22,579 posts, read 29,167,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Though nothing beats freshly made pizza, we often get frozen ones at the supermarket. Our favorites are:

- Home Run Inn. May not be available everywhere. Very close to real pizza. Their ultra thin is very good.

- California Pizza Kitchen. CPK frozen with thin crust is very good; the garlic chicken or bbq chicken are our favorites.

- Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. Love it for the French bread more than the toppings.

We've tried many other brands of frozen pizza, found them all to be poor.

What are your top choices for frozen pizza?
When I lived in NY, we all liked Celentano. Some of the Paul Newman frozen Pizza is also very good.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:57 PM

24,373 posts, read 45,217,150 times
My choices from 14 years ago when I started this thread remain the same, except now it's Red Baron for French Bread pizza.

In the years since we've tried quite a few brands but CPK remains a consistently good product.

We also like the Paul Newman and Red Baron thin crust pepperoni pizzas.

Enjoy.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:26 PM

239 posts, read 112,164 times
trader joe's flatbread pizza burrata prosciutto & arugula

Really great pizza ! It's also nice to serve as an appetizer. The prosciutto is sliced really thin, which is a plus and it's not too salty. The prosciutto is meant as a topping for the pizza after it's cooked.

I love prosciutto, I'm usually having it on french bread while the pizza is cooking !

Old 06-02-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamax2 View Post
trader joe's flatbread pizza burrata prosciutto & arugula

really great pizza ! It's also nice to serve as an appetizer. The prosciutto is sliced really thin, which is a plus and it's not too salty. The prosciutto is meant as a topping for the pizza after it's cooked.

i love prosciutto, i'm usually having it on french bread while the pizza is cooking !

Sounds like a plan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink