U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 08:53 PM

16,625 posts, read 8,163,498 times

Advertisements

The other day we had Sam’s Choice Phili Cheese steak pizza. Forgot how much DH got it for. It wasn’t bad.

Been looking for that *new* Paul Newman’s pizza. My local stores stock some of his pizzas but guess they haven’t got this one yet, whether they plan to or not, I guess that’s up to store management?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 08:57 PM

21,052 posts, read 9,517,558 times
I really like Kroger Stonebaked Hot Honey Pepperoni w Jalapenos but it is extremely spicy hot!

Old 06-26-2022, 09:14 PM

10,783 posts, read 12,149,722 times
I'm watching carbs so when I crave pizza until recently my default has been Real Good Supreme pizza which has a chicken crust - weird I know, but it actually works, tastes like a real pizza without being loaded with carbs. Unfortunately, they stopped carrying it at my store.

A couple of weeks ago I was happy to see that there was a different kind of Real Good pizza - this one with mushrooms and truffles and a crust made of broccoli and other plant ingredients. I had high expectations for it but when I baked it in the oven and gave it a try - yuck! So salty and gross that I couldn't eat it. Definitely NOT worth the money.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:54 PM

15,878 posts, read 27,933,595 times
I generally purchase a few dozen Boboli crusts when they appear at the Bimbo Bakery Outlet (returned by Costco) for $0.50/ each and make my own. While I prefer a California Pizza Kitchen or a Dr Oetker pizza, one small pizza with all of the toppings is well under $3 for one meal for two people.

My friend makes pizza for the neighborhood (10-12 people) using the same crusts in her air fryer.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:13 PM

5,638 posts, read 4,476,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I'm watching carbs so when I crave pizza until recently my default has been Real Good Supreme pizza which has a chicken crust - weird I know, but it actually works, tastes like a real pizza without being loaded with carbs. Unfortunately, they stopped carrying it at my store.

A couple of weeks ago I was happy to see that there was a different kind of Real Good pizza - this one with mushrooms and truffles and a crust made of broccoli and other plant ingredients. I had high expectations for it but when I baked it in the oven and gave it a try - yuck! So salty and gross that I couldn't eat it. Definitely NOT worth the money.
If you can cook, look into "Fat Head" pizza dough. It's basically cheese and almond flour.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:20 PM

3,605 posts, read 3,475,158 times
I like Newman's Own or Tree Tavern pizza.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:08 AM

774 posts, read 667,139 times
I love Home Run Pizza. It has zero onions in it. Including the sauce. I had a lay-over in Chicago recently. The airport had a Home Run Pizza restaurant. I had no idea that they weren't just frozen pizzas. It tasted exactly the same. I was most pleased.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:45 PM

10,783 posts, read 12,149,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
If you can cook, look into "Fat Head" pizza dough. It's basically cheese and almond flour.
Thanks, I've heard of Fat Head pizza dough but I've never made it. I might have to give it a try, although, I will admit, I like the convenience of popping something ready made into the oven

Last edited by springfieldva; 06-30-2022 at 12:56 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 05:57 PM

7,334 posts, read 4,490,498 times
We don't have any special favorites, but we do enjoy Gluten Free Quattro Formaggi (GF Four Cheeses) pizza by Vicolo, which we buy from Whole Foods. No preservatives, no GMO's.

In choosing any pizza, my main concern is tomato sauce/pizza sauce. I hate pizzas that taste of processed tomato sauce. The best thing about making our own pizzas is that we use fresh tomatoes and if we use pizza sauce at all, it barely grazes the crust.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:53 AM

5 posts, read 1,763 times
Frozen pizza doesn't taste terrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink