Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,979,847 times

Advertisements

One more reason to avoid fast food restaurants.

KFC employees busted for bathing in kitchen sink - Truveo Video Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,204,499 times
Ok...Wonder what those girls were thinking--or not thinking! That is just plain sick! One more reason I eat at home 99% of the time! Yuk!!

Old 12-12-2008, 08:41 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,666,686 times
It is a pretty gross scenario. Not just for partons eating at the establishment - but why any person would want to bathe in a sink that is used to clean off flesh and oil from instruments is beyond me.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:00 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,908,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok...Wonder what those girls were thinking--or not thinking! That is just plain sick! One more reason I eat at home 99% of the time! Yuk!!
Part of it I'm sure is just teenagers being teenagers, but the fact that it took place inside a fast food joint, (was the maneger in there with them?) that's a real condemnation of the fast food industry. I don't know if the practice is still common, but I read a book that described some of the tax breaks fast food companies were getting for "worker training" while at the same time trying to make the jobs as brainless as possible.

I can tell you this much from firsthand knowledge; in the early 1990's when I was in college I picked up a job at the Taco Bell down the street. The meat arrived in the store fresh, in plastic bins. The cheese came in giant blocks. The beans came dried, in 25 pound bags. The store had a cheese grater, a huge bean pot, a grill for the beef - say what you will about Taco Bell food back then, but I have to say I ate there a lot and had no problem doing so.

Cut to today - now everything arrives at the store precooked. Boil the bag.

Who do you think took more pride in their food? A guy who made the beans from scratch, seasoned them, pressure cooked them and refreid them with a giant immersion blender, or the guy who boiled a bag? The difference may seem trivial - but I'm convinced it exists.

Those of you that know me from my post history know that I'm no fan of the fast food industry, and as a result we almost never eat out - but Wednesday evening I had to pick up my wife and daughter (who have much more liberal eating standards when it comes to fast food) at the airport. Due to a miscommunication on a flight delay, it ended up that none of us had eaten, there was nothing ready at home and it was 7 PM. In that case I decided fast food was in order, and I figured Arby's would do.

Halfway into her "roast beef" sandwich my wife finds a "chunk". She said "eewww!" and spit it out in disgust. It turned out to be the end of a "roast" (processed, pressed log) that hadn't been sliced, but it bore quite a resemblance to a a big rubber slug.

We were ready to go at that point anyway, so on the way out I stopped at the counter to point out what I found.

I didn't ask for a refund, and I didn't ask for an apology - which was good, because I was offered neither. This isn't a ghetto Arby's either - right in the middle of RTP for those of you in neighborhood - it's a newish, nice clean one.

I e-mailed corporate and they're sending me some coupons - but 3 separate Arby's employees examined this oddity in my meal and not a single one took ownership, made an effort to make it right or apologized boggles my mind.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,335,474 times
I couldn't get the link to load for me but I am wondering if the bathers were homeless?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:37 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,908,136 times
No, just dumb. From the pictures I saw they were all girls who looked to be between 17-20, goofing off.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 AM

16,233 posts, read 27,278,222 times
They are just mimicking the guy who posted this same phenomenon on youtube a few months ago. Not even original.

But quite disgusting.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,585,093 times
Why is there a sink in the kitchen? To wash objectionable crap down into the sewer? How do the particulars of that objectionable crap affect the food that is served?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM

8,584 posts, read 9,052,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsbadmojo View Post
Part of it I'm sure is just teenagers being teenagers, but the fact that it took place inside a fast food joint, (was the maneger in there with them?) that's a real condemnation of the fast food industry. I don't know if the practice is still common, but I read a book that described some of the tax breaks fast food companies were getting for "worker training" while at the same time trying to make the jobs as brainless as possible.

I can tell you this much from firsthand knowledge; in the early 1990's when I was in college I picked up a job at the Taco Bell down the street. The meat arrived in the store fresh, in plastic bins. The cheese came in giant blocks. The beans came dried, in 25 pound bags. The store had a cheese grater, a huge bean pot, a grill for the beef - say what you will about Taco Bell food back then, but I have to say I ate there a lot and had no problem doing so.

Cut to today - now everything arrives at the store precooked. Boil the bag.

Who do you think took more pride in their food? A guy who made the beans from scratch, seasoned them, pressure cooked them and refreid them with a giant immersion blender, or the guy who boiled a bag? The difference may seem trivial - but I'm convinced it exists.

Those of you that know me from my post history know that I'm no fan of the fast food industry, and as a result we almost never eat out - but Wednesday evening I had to pick up my wife and daughter (who have much more liberal eating standards when it comes to fast food) at the airport. Due to a miscommunication on a flight delay, it ended up that none of us had eaten, there was nothing ready at home and it was 7 PM. In that case I decided fast food was in order, and I figured Arby's would do.

Halfway into her "roast beef" sandwich my wife finds a "chunk". She said "eewww!" and spit it out in disgust. It turned out to be the end of a "roast" (processed, pressed log) that hadn't been sliced, but it bore quite a resemblance to a a big rubber slug.

We were ready to go at that point anyway, so on the way out I stopped at the counter to point out what I found.

I didn't ask for a refund, and I didn't ask for an apology - which was good, because I was offered neither. This isn't a ghetto Arby's either - right in the middle of RTP for those of you in neighborhood - it's a newish, nice clean one.

I e-mailed corporate and they're sending me some coupons - but 3 separate Arby's employees examined this oddity in my meal and not a single one took ownership, made an effort to make it right or apologized boggles my mind.
You should have seen the look on the faces of the employees at a well known grocery food chain when I brought back the frozen stringbeans my wife purchased with a frozen stiff mouse mixed in with the beans! They freaked and apologized and gave me free access to the fresh seafood department. The poor mouse lost his limbs and tail and looked similar to a stringbean except it had bucked teeth and two holes for eyes!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:28 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,979,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why is there a sink in the kitchen? To wash objectionable crap down into the sewer? How do the particulars of that objectionable crap affect the food that is served?
Maybe to wash the chicken, wash the items that are used in the kitchen, or to dispose of the grease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink