Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,871,780 times

Advertisements

Same here...pass the zipper back and forth 2-3 times and ZILCH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:44 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,869,754 times
(Originally posted by TracySam) Stickup Bulbs: Battery powered light bulbs that you can mount anywhere. Mounted it in a closet that has no electric light. Light still works, but kept falling off the wall (adhesive not strong enough). So mounted it with Mighty Putty (see above) and it fell after a month. Now it's basically a hand-held flashlight for a dim closet.

I have these also and after almost 2 years they have not fallen off the wall and are still working. Just recently started getting dim so I need to change the batteries.
My son just got some ShamWow towels and he tried soaking up bowls of water and stuff. They seem to work pretty well so far. I'll try them on the car next time it's warm enough to wash it.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 AM

41,816 posts, read 74,858,647 times
I got a mandoline (called a vidalia slicer or some such nonsense -- like you can't slice anything else with it??) with Billy Mays' picture on it for Christmas. I'm betting it will either a) get used once or twice and wind up in a garage sale this summer; or 2) break with the second using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ooooh, I just remembered, I tried Space Bags, and they suck.
The ones that do work are the kind you roll up to push the air out, and then seal. I have some linens that I wrapped up in the bags five years ago, and they're still sealed.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:23 AM

18,941 posts, read 43,369,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Its called Big City Sliders. I went to MOA yesterday to the "As Seen On TV" store and they said they would have them in stock in about a month. I guess alot of people have been asking about them, so they better be getting alot of "stock".
Hardee's (aka Carls Jr) used to sell some of those small burgers, and they called them "slammers". I could put away about six of them.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 AM

17 posts, read 59,303 times
A grease free fryer for the stove top. Here's an old one but can still be found in many second hand stores. It was intended as a stove top grill and the fat from cooking was to flow down the slanted side to louvers and drip into waiting water below. No, this thing did not work but the top grill part fits perfectly into a stoneware 10 inch pan of mine which I now use for baking and broiling. It makes perfect fish and the pan is just the right size roasting pan for my meals for two.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:36 AM

83 posts, read 289,702 times
I have the Shamwow towels, I bought them in one of the local malls. They work pretty good. They smell REALLY bad when you first get them but after I rinsed them out they are great. I mostly use them for the dogs.

I've always wondered about the Magic Bullet.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 PM

359 posts, read 1,140,978 times
I bought the magic bullet only cuz I found it on sale about a month ago at Walgreens for $15. It works pretty good, even though when I tried chopping onion in it and it just turned to mush. I use it mostly for smoothies, perfect size for one person at a time and DH and myself like different fruits. I also use it for grinding coffee beans, spices, oats, breadcrumbs. etc..i have no complaints about it.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,583,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Its called Big City Sliders. I went to MOA yesterday to the "As Seen On TV" store and they said they would have them in stock in about a month. I guess alot of people have been asking about them, so they better be getting alot of "stock".
Do they make white castle burgers??!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM

18,941 posts, read 43,369,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Do they make white castle burgers??!
No. These are round, about the size of a canned biscuit.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:06 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,645,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
okay, thanks. What are dollar buns
They are small sized buns, they were named after a silver dollar. This is a dollar bun party tray. You probably can't tell the size by this picture, so think White Castle size, but round and tastes more like a dinner roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink