Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:29 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times

Advertisements

The Champion juicer is the best IMO. I got mine at an auction. The auctioneer thought it was a sausage maker and I got it for $1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 01:45 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Hi everyone! I wanted to find out if any of ya'll "juice" and if so what kind of juicer you use. I've seen so many infomercials on them lately and am confused. I've done some research online, but it's just not the same as speaking with someone who actually uses them. Also, how long can you keep juice in the fridge? I was thinking Id like to be able to do enough for atleast two or three days, but didn't know if it would keep that long. And my last question, where do you get your recipes? I juiced regularly when I was pregnant with my fourth daughter ( the one I am actually going vegetarian with) and it ended up being the only thing I could keep dpwn for a couple months! However, I don't remember any of the recipes.

Thanks for your help!
M
I am fairly new to juicing but I got a Breville one for my bday and I love it. My husband did a ton of research on them and liked this one best. It is pretty easy to clean and does a great job. I have not been too adventurous with it yet. I really like green apple and carrot mixed.

My juicer came with some recipes so that will get you started. This particular model got good reviews from others that purchased it.

Jill

Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,056,807 times
I miss my juicer soooo much! I can't remember the brand - I left it in the UK when I moved to the US and didn't buy one here but I should've - I used it at least twice a week. Great for using up fruits and veggies which have lost their crunch but are still usable.

I had a fab book - Michael Van Straten's Super Juice - I think he has some newer versions out now too.
Amazon.com: Used and New: Super Juice: Juicing for Health and Healing (Superfoods)

Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
Default Juicing?

My friend has been ranting and raving about following a diet that involves only juicing for a month straight. Apparently it boosts your overall health in many ways (faster metabolism, healthier skin and hair, no bloating, etc.).

Anyone ever tried this? Is it easy to follow?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
A fad....sure, you may lose weight from only drinking your calories, but once you start eating again, watch out...anything you've lost will come right back...and probably, in doubles!

You have to learn to eat the right amount and the right foods ALL THE TIME to get to and maintain your ideal weight, for most people!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM

509 posts, read 1,167,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
A fad....sure, you may lose weight from only drinking your calories, but once you start eating again, watch out...anything you've lost will come right back...and probably, in doubles!

You have to learn to eat the right amount and the right foods ALL THE TIME to get to and maintain your ideal weight, for most people!
This.

If it is not something that you can continue to do for the rest of your life, then it is probably not worth it. This juicing diet might cleanse your system or make you shed a few pounds, short term, but a better choice would be to make positive changes to your diet that you stick to... forever.

You could swear off deep fried foods or soda. Become vegetarian or at least eat less meat. There are tons of things that are better than a month long juicer diet, I can tell you.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:51 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
Thanks for the replies guys.

Do you think that juicing two days a week might be healthy for your body? I already eat very healthy and have never had a problem with my weight. I am very disciplined when it comes to healthy eating.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Question Juicers, do you have one, which one, what do you like about it?

If you like juicing, can you please share the juicer brand you use, and why you bought it? Are you happy with it? How many times a day & or a week do you use it? If you have the model number & a picture even better Any problems with it ?
How long have you had it? Thanks.

Last edited by countrylv22; 08-30-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
After getting motivated to make a lifestyle change after watching the movie "Fat,Sick and nearly Dead" I went out and bought a Breville juicer,this one to be exact =Juice Fountain Plus | Breville
I used it about 6 months,lost a lot of weight and promptly gained it all back.
The Breville unit is the real deal, never let me down and was a joy to use, with the wide entry preparing produce was virtually non existent just throw it in. Cleanup was as simple as could be, if you are going to get into juicing i'd recommend this particular Breville unit.
Although its not shown in the link it does come with a 40 oz juice collection jug

Last edited by jambo101; 08-31-2013 at 12:25 AM..

Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After getting motivated to make a lifestyle change after watching the movie "Fat,Sick and nearly Dead" I went out and bought a Breville juicer,this one to be exact =Juice Fountain Plus | Breville
I used it about 6 months,lost a lot of weight and promptly gained it all back.
The Breville unit is the real deal, never let me down and was a joy to use, with the wide entry preparing produce was virtually non existent just throw it in. Cleanup was as simple as could be, if you are going to get into juicing i'd recommend this particular Breville unit.
Although its not shown in the link it does come with a 40 oz juice collection jug
If you live near Montreal maybe we can make a deal..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink