Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlekitten View Post
That, is the british version of what they started down south with "tres Leches" 3 milks. it's a sponge cake based substance, with layers of milk and sugar.

It's good? once you get past the soggy texture. ..something I could never do
Actually, it's more like the Irish version of "Goody". Tres Leches is more of a dessert, goody is usually considered a meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it's more like the Irish version of "Goody". Tres Leches is more of a dessert, goody is usually considered a meal.
Had both and they taste COMPLETELY different. Tres leche is awesome. Alton brown made one the other day, wasn't that hard really.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,824,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
Peanut butter,mayonaise and sliced dill pickle sandwich. Sounds gross, but very yummy!!
One of favs as well!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 PM

264 posts, read 829,579 times
My favorites: Peanut butter and BBQ potatoe chip sandwiches, sardines and vanilla wafers, Grilled cheese sandwiches with LOTS of mustard..and my absolute fav...grits, over easy eggs, salsa and corn beef hash all mixed together!

My partners favs: potted meat with chinese hot sauce and spicy mustard on saltine crackers, pickled beets and steamed clams, and (barf) pickled garlic.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM

151 posts, read 739,636 times
When I was little, I used to dip potato chips in jelly.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
While on vacation this past week I went to a Mexican Restaurant that served chips and salsa, but also put out a small dish of coleslaw with them. I figured the coleslaw was for dipping the chips into, so I tried it, and finished the bowl, and most of a second one. It was really quite good.

While I'm thinking about it, I like fried rice or spanish rice with coleslaw mixed into it, too. I first saw this done by a friend of mine at a Chinese restaurant, so I tried it, too, and have been doing so ever since.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,049 times
waffles with peanut butter and syrup
peanut butter, mayo, and crisp bacon sandwich
cold left-over spaghetti (when I was young, before microwaves, mom always accused me of being too lazy to reheat the spaghetti--many years later I told mom about how I still eat left-over spaghetti cold because I like it. Mom thought me weird).
in the winter--cold pizza with hot cocoa to drink

Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 PM

417 posts, read 1,282,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Where I grew up almost all of us would do this. Our school would usually make cinnamon rolls when they made chili, and we would all dip our rolls in our chili. It sounds disgusting but it's so good, I still do it.
My dad likes chili with cinnamon (or sweet rolls), too!! He's 73.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:35 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvanessa View Post
cold left-over spaghetti (when I was young, before microwaves, mom always accused me of being too lazy to reheat the spaghetti--many years later I told mom about how I still eat left-over spaghetti cold because I like it. Mom thought me weird).
I went camping many years ago, and for my first meal, I took leftover spaghetti. Being lazy at the time, I decided to eat it cold, rather than set up the campstove, get out the pan, reheat the spaghetti, eat it, and do all the dishes. I still remember how good it tasted, and have had cold spaghetti many times since. I think I like it better cold than when it was warm and fresh.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,943,791 times
I also enjoy leftover pasta cold.....especially lasagna and spaghetti! Something else to try is mixing your salad with your (hot) pasta. It is actually pretty good!

I also like other things already mentioned....peanut butter and banana toast, fries dipped in ranch, tarter sauce, or mayo...

Salsa and ranch make a killer salad dressing as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink