Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
Tuna cans down to 5oz- Perfect amount for a sandwich (The way I make one.}
Remember when Almond Joys had TWO nuts per piece.
and those Almond Joys were a whole dime. As for Tuna, remember when or you may not be old enough to remember, but, when 1 can of tuna was what we used in tuna casserole for a family. Today I use 2 cans for just the two of us.

Almost everything is getting smaller including our spendable income. The only package that is not smaller is my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 01:26 PM

8,030 posts, read 10,621,305 times
Smaller sizes, higher prices, and also so many things sweetened with high fructose corn sweetener and they now taste "cheap", this includes most ice creams, candy bars, salad dressings, bottled sauces like ketchup, chocolate milk, I will not buy anything with corn syrup because I've learned to taste it in stuff and I HATE it. It's in almost everything, it takes some real effort to avoid. And once-good chocolates like Whitmans and Russel Stovers don't taste as good as they used to either, again, cheaper ingredients and processing.

Also, some frozen meal brands used to be OK for convenience sake, but they are priced up there in the $4.00 range, quantities are skimpy, and I have to wonder if anyone actually TASTES them before they go to market because even Stouffers, Marie Calendars and Boston Market are awful, we have thrown the last ones out we have purchased, declaring them not fit to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink