Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:01 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times

Advertisements

George, that sounds wonderful. Explain the "slurry" to me please?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:04 PM

206 posts, read 529,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
OK, phoebe, you can Fedex me some of that liver & onions! Yum! One of my top favs!!!! I am so envious!
There's enough for everyone, come one come all. Your Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:13 PM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
We had KFC tonight. It was my reward for finishing the painting in the kitchen.
Good On You! I am so glad that you got that job done.....I was a bit worried for you......taking on too much. Now I worry about the rest of the house!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
George, that sounds wonderful. Explain the "slurry" to me please?
I usually make a slurry of cornstarch and water to thicken the natural juices/sauce. So, being lazy and trying to save an additional bowl to have to wash, I throw in straight corn starch into my marinade. There is enough liquid from the soy and other sauces to replace the need for water. It should be enough to thicken the sauce. If it's too thick, just throw in some more liquid to thin it out. Oops, I also tossed chopped fresh ginger and garlic in the marinade too.

I do this technique also for marinades that I make when I freeze family packs of meat. I am too lazy to thaw chicken and then think of what I can make with it later. I hate plain chicken parts staring at me and daring to make something yummy and creative out of it. Besides, when I pull something (yes it's something as I am lazy [get the idea - lazy] and I don't label the freezer bag). So when it thaws and I toss it in the oven - it's a surprise!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM

I had never heard it referred to as "slurry"! Thanks! It really is a great idea. So, when you freeze large portions of say........chicken.........you go ahead and mix up a marinade to put in with it, and then freeze it? Great idea! But you don't label it??? LOL Lmbo! You really live on the edge, dontcha??? It really is an interesting idea - sort of like peeling all the labels off the cans in the pantry?? LOL

Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I do this technique also for marinades that I make when I freeze family packs of meat. I am too lazy to thaw chicken and then think of what I can make with it later. I hate plain chicken parts staring at me and daring to make something yummy and creative out of it. Besides, when I pull something (yes it's something as I am lazy [get the idea - lazy] and I don't label the freezer bag). So when it thaws and I toss it in the oven - it's a surprise!!!
I do that sometimes with teri aki when I am freezing chicken and beef....also have frozen carne asada....

Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
Oh man did I get scared seeing the Admins message.

Thank you Cyn for starting this up again, I tried 2x to dm you today and it froze, have no idea where they went, also elston, I don't know whether he got his reply either.

Kielbasy and sauerkraut were very good, pumpernickle bread and butter and without skipping a beat I made another lousy mac and cheese, I have never been able to make a decent one, ever. I need help and now I have to soak this messy corningware.

Lacey, your smile is all the way down here, rehearsal dinner tomorrow, George has the van and is picking me up early tomorrow so that we can get everyone else. Don't worry I know where we are going, just look for all of us to show up, 6:00 pm right?

Have wonderful dinners and a great night everyone. Glad we are back. kelsie

Old 03-26-2009, 04:55 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
I want to crash the coconut pie party!

Steak, potato cakes, peas & carrots and rolls here tonight. My mom is in charge of dinner and she cooks old school. I'm already dreading the amount of time I'm going to have to spend on the treadmill to work off the potato cakes, but they are so worth it.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I want to crash the coconut pie party!

Steak, potato cakes, peas & carrots and rolls here tonight. My mom is in charge of dinner and she cooks old school. I'm already dreading the amount of time I'm going to have to spend on the treadmill to work off the potato cakes, but they are so worth it.
Come on down. I bought 24 boxes of cook and serve filling...As for the fried chicken I got extra lucky. All dark meat. No dry breasts to contend with. I can assure you that there is one less chicken debating about crossing the road tomorrow.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Lacey, your smile is all the way down here, rehearsal dinner tomorrow, George has the van and is picking me up early tomorrow so that we can get everyone else. Don't worry I know where we are going, just look for all of us to show up, 6:00 pm right?
I called shotgun, remember????? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I'm already dreading the amount of time I'm going to have to spend on the treadmill to work off the potato cakes, but they are so worth it.
Potato cakes sound good! How does she make them? I am envisioning leftover mashed potatoes and then add an egg and fry - but I bet that's not it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink