Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,916,902 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I am still not all caught up here and there are so many great food ideas, I want to go back and copy them all!

DH landed here this a.m. so we will be visiting later today and tomorrow is my DD#3's 15th BD party here.

I have no clue what dinner is~I am thinking some Bud Lite~maybe with Lime so I can get my fruit in!!

Have a great Friday!!!!

Oh, and btw, I watched the Susan Boyle video and thought she was incredible! Thanks for making me not feel like a dork for sobbing through it!!! I actually told my sister that I didn't even know why I was so emotional over it...maybe the "Ugly Duckling" theory. Not that she is ugly, but because no one expected it or gave her a chance. It was like~"take that!, all you bullys!!" Good for her and Paul Potts!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,141,701 times
HG I can't believe it is snowing in Denver what are ya thinking out there in the mile high city?

skbs where are you girlie?

YLisa we miss you and will be glad when you return too!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,202,462 times
stir fry pork n onions with salad

Old 04-17-2009, 11:30 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,108,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Not sure how much I can be here today--especially posting. While taking my dog for his morning walk I decided to let him run ahead of me--well he got a wiff of something, he's a bassett hound, and was gone!! So I was chasing him down this trail that is steep and rocky and ended up falling big time. I think I flew a good 6 feet in the air on the way down. I am to friggin' old for this. Hurt my arm and am not sure what I did yet. All I know is I can barely hold it up and typing is next to impossible...I am having to type with my left hand only. Hopefully it is only bruised but it sure does hurt. Good grief---
Oh I hope you didn't break a bone and it sounds like you need a little pampering! My bassett always walked me too. My next dog will be teeny tiny!

The Susan Boyles video is just amazing. I love Les Mis and she really does sing it like an angel.

We are going out for dinner tonight. Yay! I'll be happy to not cook.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,427,105 times
Cyn, girl, I hope you feel better soon.. sounds like you need the doctor to me.

I was awoken by a call from my coworker (DH answered) letting me know that there was a massive flood into both of our cubicles and they are unhabitable. Ai yi yi.
I know I had some important notes sitting on my desk..

I can't imagine if I had gone to work today as awful as I'm feeling and had that water fall right on me...

Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,928,715 times
Cyn....sorry about your fall! Have you been icing it? Take some tylenol too.

Jaxson....not just a little snow either! Supposedly 10 to 22 inches (although the ground is warm and so far the roads are just wet).

Still don't know about dinner.....maybe take out or blueberry pancakes and smoky links sounds good to me!

Last night I seasoned chicken breasts with cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and red pepper flakes (liberal coating of all the spices mixed together). Then I topped them with salsa and baked - topped with pepper jack cheese with a few minutes left to melt over the top and wow-ee! They were nice and spicy. Wish we would have some sour cream to top it off but we were out. Had red beans and rice on the side.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,122,087 times
Quote:
It is snowing here.....unbelieveable
I'm hearing about Denver snow everywhere today!! Geesh, I was irritated when we had a few inches the other day! Come on May!

I love the ideas I get here, BTW!

Friday nights we have a standing game night w/friends, often w/dinner. Tonight we are doing tacos. What I love about doing tacos w/them is she puts cilantro and lime in the fixings and fries soft shells, so its something different from when we do tacos on our own.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,199,405 times
Cyn I too will say get yourself to the doctor and I hope you feel better soon.

Dinner tonight will be something with Salmon. Hubby got home from Seattle. He stopped at the big fish market thing downtown (the place where they throw the fish) and he went nuts and brought home a year's worth of salmon and halibut. Love him for that. So this afternoon I will be portioning and freezing a ton of fish.

Will let you know later what we ending up making.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:16 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,801,097 times
Cyn please get checked - as mentioned as we age we break n bruise easier-we used to rock n roll!!!!!!

HG-please keep the snow out there-I have my windows open, flip-flops on and am very content.

Stopped at the grocers and they had Hormel pork loins buy one/get one plus I got a flat iron steak which I'm going to mainate for the grill tomorrow. Life's pretty good for the moment.

Debsi-feel better-glad you stayed home-an omen.

Ugh Kelsie I know what you mean-as a kid I hated fish because of bones-and trout has too fishy a flavor for me.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I would be tempted to marinate in something or sprinkle with brown sugar... do you do that?

Alton Brown did a thing with pineapple, brown sugar, and jalapenos or habaneros, stewed a bit and then served warm over vanilla ice cream. i definitely gotta give that a try this summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink