Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,869,300 times

Advertisements

We will see.... the kids are on break and spending the night with my parents. However, hubby has a ton of work from work... so I don't think it will be a night out.... I might pick up some food from that mediterranean place I like so much. Since it is nice and light he can work and eat and I won't have to worry about cooking and not eating so much.... sounds good to me - a nice salad tonight and maybe some Vegetarian dips or something.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Good morning foodies! It is even colder here and of course the rain is still here.

NMS it will be months here before we get garden fresh tomatoes we can't even plant them yet.

YLisa I don't know all the ins and outs of to much iron but I do know you get bad headaches from it. Plus a slight metal taste in your mouth. It didn't cost much to have our well water tested we needed to have that done anyway. I drink so much of it if we do ever move I need to put a clause that I can come back for water weekly.

MWBW I fear there is going to be a lot of head hunting going on as companies are needing the best now days. Truly skilled people are going to be hunted for sure sorry you are having to replace a good worker though.

Lacey you should be having your test done soon I know you will be glad to have this all behind you.

cyn hope your arm gets better soon did you get all your roses planted? How long has it been now from your quitting smoking? I am almost at 2 months thanks to your leading! MTH is a week ahead of me.

Last night we just had to have hamburgers again because our store got some Vidalia onions in! Think I will make some baked onions for supper tonight with butter, S&P wrapped in foil. Better be thinking of what is going with it my family won't be pleased with just baked onions.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
WooHoo Jaxson two months. Smoking is almost a distant memory for you now. You go Girl.
We are thinking of doing our own tomatoes this year also. Usually any plantig done here gets done in late May. My tulips are just popping up now.

Good Morning all Happy Wednesday.

I think tonight it will be chicken kiev with potato and spinach.

Got some catching up to do so in the meantime have a great day.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,604 times
Lasagna and gralic bread (Maybe a salad if I have the energy)

Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
It's been 125 days (that's how Quitnet says it) since I stopped smoking now. Wish I could say I don't crave a cigarette now but I still do just not nearly as bad as before. Jaxson and MTH are both doing great!! Look at all that money we have saved and days added to our lives!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Many cheers for the three of you who have quit and to anymore I'm not aware of. Tonight's dinner will be chicken. What else I don't know. The chicken is already baked. Most likely it will be used in a rice dish. I see some Uncle Ben's set out so that is a clue....

Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,274 times
Morning all, tonight for dinner pork chops, baked potato and veggie yet to be determined. If I feel inspired to bake maybe some rolls or bread too but right now that is not looking likely.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cyn and Jaxson way to go on the not smoking. We ROCK!! LOL

Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Good job on quitting the cigs!!

Tonight we are going out for Mexican. Woo hoo!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,007 times
I'm Baaaack!
Hello, foodies! I have been gone for a while...things were a bit nuts and I just didn't make time to come visit with you guys for a while. I hope I'll catch up with a few pages...It's good to see so many familiar names still here.
Well, my hubby finally got a job. It's a very good job in Lubbock TX. He'll leave in a couple of weeks and the rest of us hope to be there this Summer. I'll be busy trying to get the house ready to sell. Lot's of work to declutter, clean and repair...

My hubby has been on the Flat Belly Diet. It's been working really good for him. His suit fits him much nicer. He's pretty smoking hot! I've no idea what's for dinner yet. I'm thinking something with chicken breast...

Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good to see you back nic! You have been missed. What wonderful news about your DH getting a job--and a good job at that! I've kept you both in my prayers!! Now to sell the house.......how exciting!!
A new life awaits you.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink