Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

I forgot to mention in addition to the burger I was having a nice bowl of cool pineapple sherbet. That hit the spot on this hot summer day.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
amber I agree with whomever said throw that spritzer away. You would do better pouring your dressing in a small dish then dip your fork in it before going to your salad. You get the full flavor but less calories if you can't eat those fat free dressings.

George enjoy your weekend it sounds divine!

Think our supper plans have changed too family wants omlets instead of caesar salad tonight.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,256,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
T minus 2 days and counting for the festival! Lots of people already walking the neighborhood enjoying the tour of homes.

This morning I baked my famous chocolate pudding cake.

This afternoon I peeled too many hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs. I did not separate the yolks from the whites yet. I just left them together without their hard shell.

I also made the dressing/sauce for sesame cold noodles. It should be interesting if it becomes more mellow or more concentrated by Sunday.

I picked up a big Honeybaked Ham, smoked turkey breast and Honeybaked turkey breast today too.

Tonight we will have these luscious crab cakes shipped to us by a friend. I think I will roast some snap beans too.

Have a great weekend! I will fill everyone in on Monday on how things went!
No need, George...we'll all be there!

Well, hubster found a recipe he wanted to try. Me, not so much (it has tofu in it ). Well, gang, I'm here to tell ya...he made it, I ate it, and I LIKED it! It was a stir fry and, besides veggies and tofu, it had peanuts and sesame seeds. Nice textures, colors and flavors.

Have a wonderful evening.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:40 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Evening all, went to the veggie farm today and they had green beans for 95 cents a pound so I picked up about 10 pds worth to put in the freezer. So you can imagine what I did today, snap, snap, snap. I still smell like green beans, LOL.

Dinner tonight was hot dogs on the grill, brocolli/cauliflower salad and we will be having fresh strawberries for dessert with ice cream.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:45 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Well gang-night and have to report I have made my zucchini many times but this was beyond bitter zukes-yuk-to the landfill. Had 2 ribs and spinach salad, fruit.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:58 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Ok, so it is getting really warm in the den--yep--really warm. Like 88 degrees. So DH checks the A/C and it keeps flipping the circut breakers off. Looks like we are going to use the back of the house A/C for the week-end. Thank goodness we have 2 air conditioners. I suppose we are lucky to find out before it gets any warmer, this does seem warm enough though! Ha! I guess Monday we will have to find someone to check out our A/C--0h joy!!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:34 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Ok, so it is getting really warm in the den--yep--really warm. Like 88 degrees. So DH checks the A/C and it keeps flipping the circut breakers off. Looks like we are going to use the back of the house A/C for the week-end. Thank goodness we have 2 air conditioners. I suppose we are lucky to find out before it gets any warmer, this does seem warm enough though! Ha! I guess Monday we will have to find someone to check out our A/C--0h joy!!
I feel your pain. It was in the 80's in my master bedroom located on the second floor. I turned on the a/c this afternoon. I want a good night sleep and I cannot sleep when it's hot!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Warm here today too! Finally! 86 right now at 8:40 pm. I am loving it!

I forgot to report about my crockpot recipe. It was ok. Turned out more like mashed potato soup. I would not make it again as it had a lot of prep work and when I use a crockpot, I am using it to avoid all that. So, I will not bother with reporting the recipe. Somehow, the mashed potatos were to be spread on the top and yet it was soupy below it. It stayed ok while cooking but when you spooned it out, it kind of mushed together and made the potatos mushy. But, we did eat it. I am sure it clogged up a few arteries with ham chunks, bacon, potatos with sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and velvetta cheese!

Tonight I warmed up a leftover cheeseburger. Hit the spot. Now, I am craving something...don't know what...

Have a great evening

Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,962,416 times
Bulgogi and white rice tonight...grilling outside!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I cooked three thin chops (panko) and used up (re-introduced) some rice and some spaghetti that was in the fridge in a meat sauce....and fried some green bell peppers......No complaints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink