Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I wonder if we will start something....any other liver and onion dinners going on out there? Well I just read that NMS won't be joining us....but who knows....now she's eating tofu.....maybe liver is next.
Not on your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Liver is one thing the wife and I agree on. I goes good in cat and dog food. A tough cut of beef slow cooked tender is much more to our liking and most likely that is on the menu for tonight. Some more fresh sweet corn and pickled beets will work for me.
Good one about the cat food, Nomad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
LOL, I cant stand liver and onions, either, and just like Kelsie, I cant bring myself to cook it!
We are smoking chicken over orangewood today, I havent figured out the side dishes yet........
Nope, if DH wants it, he cooks it or buys it out at a restaurant.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Well with such lovely weather I think I'll be grilling and assortment of meats for the week ahead. Will make less of a fire hazard if I cook inside and much less for the wife to do when she gets home.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,494,931 times
No liver and onions here, no thank you, ma'am!

Tonight for dinner making up a big batch of ham & peanut & veggie fried rice with the last piece of my easter ham from the freezer. That will make great lunches for work.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:27 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
I just think I saw a catalyst for steak tacos tonight. Been awhile since having any grilled red meat that I can remember. Steak off the grill onto a taco would be a delight for me wife. I can picture it now followed by some exotic fruit sherbet.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:36 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,942,750 times
I'll pass on the liver and onions too.........I had enough of that dinner table torture as a kid. (but I would try it again if offered, just wouldn't make it myself)

We have chicken breasts in the slow cooker with beer, tequila, lime, cumin, chili powder, garlic, jalapenos, etc. It will cook and absorb the liquid until it shreds nicely.......meanwhile, we will be at the ballpark watching the game in the afternoon sun. So we'll have chicken tacos or burritos for dinner with refried beans and guacamole.

Then I need to get prepared for my week......next weekend I'll be in Napa for a bachelorette party!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,879 times
I'm liking the sounds of liver, bacon and onions everywhere - think I'll have to start dropping some hints about that to the family chef! That's one of my favorites, too.

The college kid is feeling better today, thank goodness; he kept the broth and noodles down last night, as well as saltines and Gatorade (three quarts so far) and was actually hungry for real food for breakfast this morning, so he's clearly on the mend. Still having some lower GI issues, but those seem to be fading as well. I think this has been a lesson he won't soon forget. Thanks to all for all the well wishes for him!

We've pretty much finished all the shopping and other chores the lad had wanted to do yesterday, so we'll head out in a bit to take him back. I think we'll wind up eating with him there in La Crosse tonight, since we likely won't be home until 8 or so. Not sure yet where or what we'll eat, but there are plenty of good restaurants there, and I expect it'll be good no matter what we decide on.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:53 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
Thumbs up The Agenda - April 26 - May 2

This week's dinner selections will include pecan-smoked sausage with macaroni and cheese. I'm also looking at some French bread pizza from Stouffer's and, on another night, a veggie plate with corn on the cob and black-eyed peas. And in just a few minutes, a friend of mine and I are going to Babe's Chicken Dinner House in Frisco, TX, where we will be feasting out on some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and biscuits with sorghum and honey.

Enjoy your dinner times this week and make it memorable. Bon appetit!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Supper tonight will be liver and onions! I know many dont like it.....but I love it. I havent seen beef liver in the market for quite awhile.....have made do with chicken livers....but yesterday they had lovely fresh beef liver....so I grabbed some and got some thick hickory smoked bacon and sweet onions for frying. With some mashed potatoes and sweet peas....I will be one happy man. LOL
OK, I am officially drooling!!!! I love liver and onions and bacon, I love sweet peas, and I love mashed potatoes! I am on my way!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
No liver and onions here, no thank you, ma'am!
Not even if it was in a TACO?????????

Welcome to Emma!!!!

MWBW - So glad your son is feeling better!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:25 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And in just a few minutes, a friend of mine and I are going to Babe's Chicken Dinner House in Frisco, TX, where we will be feasting out on some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and biscuits with sorghum and honey.
My my my, fried chicken, mashed potatoes AND biscuits with sorghum and honey????? Honey Hush!!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Hi foodies! Put me in the camp kelsie corner on liver and onions.

Emma welcome to an awesome foodie thread.

YLisa are you using that grill pan on your outdoor grill or stove top?

Nomad the kids have been wanting soft flour tortillas a lot lately too. Might figure out something using them tonight.

HG is it your bachelorette party?????

Making this hamburger, rice concoction that has green onions, seasonings, S&P, beef broth just a tad, kids want me to add some cheese then roll them up in a soft tortilla. Making a caesar salad to go along with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink