Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 12:14 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
I tried to pursuade my mom to have lamb for Easter. I haven't made it before and I love cooking so it was my idea to have lamb for the holidays. Anyhoo', she doesn't like lamb and we should have something all of us like for Easter. Too bad...
I am thinking there will be 6 to 8 for dinner (Saturday) so I thought I would do the lamb and perhaps lasagna as an alternative choice and set up a buffet table.....or maybe a pork roast.....(I have a double oven )

Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times
That sounds wonderful, Elston. (I envy your double oven!)

Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,381 times
Happy Monday! I know maybe I should say Happy I wish it were Friday I am in between laundry and getting ready to take RD to the Dr's office. I think he has a sinus infection. Poor little guy is snoring louder than Daddy ha ha.
Dinner tonight is lemon chicken a butter pasta and sweet baby peas. I am going to eat the chicken and a spinache salad. I ate a little to good on my vacation Reminds me to say congrats to YoungLisa on her weight loss. Congrats to Kelsie for her star!! Cyn yeah another star to her soon to be constillation (sp?) I dont have time to sp check. Happy to be back and thanks to you all who welcomed me. I have some new ideas to share but not enough time right now... I'll be back on later. Oh yeah Lacey I hope the wedding was wonderful!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 03:17 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
We got invited to friends for pulled pork tonight.....so the chicken will have to wait til tomorrow

Old 03-30-2009, 04:47 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
I am making chili to put on hot dogs and fries.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,894 times
I feel kinda lousy, so I ate the leftover spinach artichoke dip with some tortialla chips and iced tea... I was still hungry, so then I ate some leftover frozen mac and cheese I had stashed in the fridge... now thinking a little later I will heat up some Campbell's Tomato Soup. Not very exciting, but it's about all I can muster today.

It was too ucky out today to go to the doctors... my giddy up had gotten up and gone... so I showered and said, 'Ya, that couch looks just right!' lol I'll prolly go tomorrow.... geesh...

Have a great night all....

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
I finally felt up to enjoying some of the pork roast I smoke on the weber. Went back to the original plan with baby sweet peas and sweet potato. Little later we will start in on the flat of fresh strawberries. I know I'll eat a pint by myself.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:31 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,916 times
Well didn't have the pork chops or soup and sandwiches. Went to Costco and picked up their rotisserie chicken made mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:32 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times
So, when and where is this "lamb-inar" I'm hearing about today?? Inquiring minds want to know!

Aside from the marinated kabobs, one of my favorite ways to enjoy lamb is a recipe that my mom copied - by hand, no less - from a televised episode of The French Chef with Julia Child back in about the late 60s or early 70s. It's a long, drawn-out complicated thing - takes the front & back of two recipe cards to write it all out - but I love the flavor of it; it tastes like home to me. The really odd thing is that my spouse, who likes EVERYTHING under the sun, doesn't care for it. I don't think I can come up with any other dish in the wide world that I like and he doesn't.

It's a roast leg of lamb recipe that involves grinding up a chunk of the meat, mixing it with bread crumbs, shallots and garlic, and then stuffing the cavity with the mixture, after boning the haunch by hand (and I still remember watching Julia wrassle that leg o' lamb on our tiny B&W television, sitting on the floor beside Mom's chair as she frantically tried to write it all down!) The lamb was coated with a mixture of ground rosemary, garlic, dijon mustard, olive oil and a bit of soy sauce before roasting, and it caramelized into absolutely a wonderful complement to the flavor of the lamb. So good... but part of another life.

As planned, supper tonight was the final pair of leftover canelloni, which were adequate if not spectacular. Not bad, just not great. Stir-fried zucchini with mushrooms and onions, flavored with garlic and basil, on the side, and I have to say that the veg was better than the main course. Couldn't talk the spouse into GS cookies for dessert, but there's always next time.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
skbs......love Wegman's when we are in Rochester/Fairport area!!

and lately.....I am really missing Meijer. If you are from Michigan or surroundings, you know what I am talking about. To me, it is the best place for one stop shopping and they have been around my whole life, before Walmarts and SuperTargets.
I did miss Meijer when I was living in Las Vegas, I have one very close to me here. Only thing I don't like about it is that I spend more there because they have EVERYTHING!

Jaxson, are you in MI? Only reason I ask is that I was wondering if Meijer was expanding to other states.

I made Halushka tonight. It was good. I make mine with cubes of ham instead of bacon. I think it is better the next day too as the butter just melds into the cabbage and noodles. (They really need to come up with a "yummy" smiley!!)

Have a great evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink